928 with an AT&T SIM

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've seen a few articles about the 928 working well with an AT&T SIM and a third party program to assist with it. Is this true? Can I use an AT&T SIM with the 928? (I got one for review and my personal phone(s) are with AT&T.)

(I did a forum search for this without any results...)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The phone is not locked to Verizon, so the ATT SIM should work. No LTE phone is locked to Verizon, BTW, because of 47 CFR 27.16 (e). But, I'm not aware of anyone who's gotten it working fully on another network, due to some settings not being there. Not being one who's tried it, I can't tell you which settings, but there are reports of MMS or SMS not working, and of course, I don't think you'll get LTE on another carrier, either. Look both here and in the 822 forums for threads about TMO, StraightTalk, PagePlus, and so forth. There are several threads discussing it, and they all apply regardless of which carrier (though PagePlus is a different animal, being a CDMA/Verizon MVNO).

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
The phone is not locked to Verizon, so the ATT SIM should work. No LTE phone is locked to Verizon, BTW, because of 47 CFR 27.16 (e). But, I'm not aware of anyone who's gotten it working fully on another network, due to some settings not being there. Not being one who's tried it, I can't tell you which settings, but there are reports of MMS or SMS not working, and of course, I don't think you'll get LTE on another carrier, either. Look both here and in the 822 forums for threads about TMO, StraightTalk, PagePlus, and so forth. There are several threads discussing it, and they all apply regardless of which carrier (though PagePlus is a different animal, being a CDMA/Verizon MVNO).

Thanks...good info...my wife cracked part of her red Lumia 920 and she had asked if she could get this one working on AT&T...would save us $150 for sure... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon