Bit of a strange issue that I never had on my trophy. On my second 928 (the first had a faulty screen), and both have done this. Whenever I am talking to someone on the phone, but using my headphones and just holding up the microphone to my mouth, people can barely hear me on the other it - apparently it cuts in and out/is too quiet. However, when I take my heaphones out and use the phone normally, they can hear perfectly fine. Note, these are headphones WITHOUT a built in microphone.

Anybody else experience this? It's really annoying to be listening to music, then have to take out my headphones and hold them in the other hand just to accept a phone call...i suspect this has something to do with sound cancellation software?

Is there a way to fix this?
    07-16-2013 04:01 PM
    If you're plugging in headphones, you NEED the inline mic. I had the same issue until I tried ones that had an inline mic.
    07-16-2013 09:52 PM
    I bought a cheap pair of Headcandy earbuds which work perfectly, I then upgraded them to a more expensive version and no one could hear me talk; I thought that the voice part of headphones was fairly generic but after that experience it doesn't appear to be.
    07-17-2013 02:48 PM
    Ugh. That is just upsetting. I feel like I should be able to use it as a music player - I spent long and hard finding a pair of headphones that are of good quality and a reasonable price (Klipsh Image S4) and now I can't even use them with my primary music listening device. I'm essentially being forced to choose from a very small market of WP compatible headsets.
    07-17-2013 06:17 PM
    Not sure how long ago you bought headphones, but apparently the android version, Klipsch S4a, works with Windows Phone 8.

Check out post #16 of this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post1785943

Maybe you can exchange them.

FWIW, there are actually more companies making premium headsets that are compatible with the OS. Personally, I bought the Audio-Technica CKM500IS.

A couple of others I was considering:

Sennheiser MM 70 S
    Amazon.com: Sennheiser MM 70 S Ear Canal Headset for Smartphones, Black: Electronics

Nokia Purity
    Amazon.com : Nokia Purity Stereo In-Ear Headphones (Black) : Wireless Earbud Bluetooth : Electronics

MEElectronics A161P
    Amazon.com: MEElectronics A161P In-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones with Balanced Armature Technology: Electronics

a-jays Five (not yet released)
    a-JAYS Five - Jays

Of course it sucks if just picked them up for $60-70, and can't exchange them tho.
    jleebiker likes this.
    07-17-2013 10:37 PM
    it could be the shape or type of plug on some headphones is triggering the mic detect. they cram a lot onto those 1/8" plugs. I haven't tried regular headphones in my phone while on a call. I'll see if I can test that out soon.
    07-18-2013 10:50 AM