928 low light video

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 928 was supposed to take good low light video. I just got one yesterday, and too, a pic of my son in low light, which came out great, but then tried to shoot a video of him in the same exact lighting, and you can't see a thing in the video. I know some of the pre-release promo stuff showed good low light videos (concerts, etc), but my video in low light is no different than the 8x I just ditched for this (still hadn't fixed the audible missed call tone when phone is silenced). Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing to get better video in low light or maybe a different app to use other than the stock camera app? I hate to say this, but so far, I like the 8x better. Unfortunately, since I work in Federal Court, the audible tone is a deal breaker.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 928 was supposed to take good low light video. I just got one yesterday, and too, a pic of my son in low light, which came out great, but then tried to shoot a video of him in the same exact lighting, and you can't see a thing in the video. I know some of the pre-release promo stuff showed good low light videos (concerts, etc), but my video in low light is no different than the 8x I just ditched for this (still hadn't fixed the audible missed call tone when phone is silenced). Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing to get better video in low light or maybe a different app to use other than the stock camera app? I hate to say this, but so far, I like the 8x better. Unfortunately, since I work in Federal Court, the audible tone is a deal breaker.

Nope no low light video. The only reason why the 92X phones can take low light shots is because of the IOS. The sensor doesn't capture enough light to record low light video. The only phone that I know of that can illuminate a dark scene in a video recording is the HTC One. You could turn on the LED while recording on your 928 to help brighten the scene a little.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb