07-24-2013 09:08 PM
26 12
tools
    I just got my son a great deal on the Nokia Lumia 928 on Verizon they wanted $99.99 + tax and they tax you on the full retail price of the phone, I ordered the phone from Amazon for $29.99 no tax at all what a deal. Did you get that same deal with yours?
    07-20-2013 10:30 PM
    It certainly shows it pays to shop around.
    cowboy6201 likes this.
    07-20-2013 10:33 PM
    Thanks I will he's really excited to get it. maybe ill get him some accessory's for his birthday in Sept.
    palandri likes this.
    07-20-2013 10:39 PM
    I know it's not available for most people, but the 928 is free on business accounts.
    Last edited by gapost; 07-21-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    07-21-2013 06:22 AM
    I got my L928 from Verizon's website for $49 on contract and I thought that was a good deal. Good job on picking one up for $29. It's a great phone, I'm sure you're going to be happy with your purchase.
    07-21-2013 01:22 PM
    I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for 99 cents =) newegg just prior to that had it for free on contract but I missed that deal and went with amazon. i'm glad I went with Verizon bc I got 2 phones in a row with defective looking buttons and amazon's policy to get me a phone iw as happy with was awesome. next day'd a replacement (temp charged my card and then refunded it once they got my defective one back) two days in a row so I didn't really have to wait or have any down time without a phone.
    cgallaer likes this.
    07-21-2013 02:08 PM
    I got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for 99 cents =) newegg just prior to that had it for free on contract but I missed that deal and went with amazon. i'm glad I went with Verizon bc I got 2 phones in a row with defective looking buttons and amazon's policy to get me a phone iw as happy with was awesome. next day'd a replacement (temp charged my card and then refunded it once they got my defective one back) two days in a row so I didn't really have to wait or have any down time without a phone.
    I love Amazon's return policy that is my most favorite store I order from there constantly you got a great deal 99 cents wow and no tax gotta love that.
    My sons really excited to get it will be here Monday.
    my wife wife and I have both have 920's on AT&T cant wait to get my 1020 for both of us.
    07-21-2013 02:35 PM
    I currently have a nokia 822, and just became eligible for an upgrade, should I get the 928? or should I wait for 8.1 and maybe a 1080 quadcore version of lte 1020? I think i might be waiting awhile if I did.
    07-22-2013 11:22 AM
    Nice deal. I got mine a week ago for $49.99 @ Verizon. Loving this phone. I've had Apple, Android, WP8 is the best ui. The apps aren't as many as apple/android, but I find quality over quantity with apps on wp8. Being a verizon/nokia owner I also have been loving the new Halo game that was released. Can't say enough good thing about this phone.

Make sure you sign up for Pandora radio, WP8 users get a free subscription until 2014. Found that out this weekend.
    07-22-2013 11:56 AM
    I currently have a nokia 822, and just became eligible for an upgrade, should I get the 928? or should I wait for 8.1 and maybe a 1080 quadcore version of lte 1020? I think i might be waiting awhile if I did.
    Last I read the Quad core based phones for windows won't be hitting stores until April 2014.
    07-22-2013 11:57 AM
    Nothing has been stated publicly about quad-core that I've heard, including from Paul Thurrott or Mary Jo Foley, so at this point only God and Steve Ballmer know when this will happen. As for the 1020 hitting Verizon, we don't know yet how long the ATT exclusivity is, or what the details are, so it could be tomorrow that a variant is released, or it could be three or six months from now (well, ok... From Friday).
    07-22-2013 12:01 PM
    First post here I think, but I just ordered one for my wife a little while ago...she's been wanting the 928 but we are not eligible for an upgrade. I called verizon and asked about doing the payment plan deal, and she told me about a promotion on my wife's line that would knock $400 off of full retail. Knowing that full retail is only $449, that intrigued me. She double checked and sure enough, I ordered one in black for my wife without an upgrade for $49 (possibly an early upgrade, but there was no mention of it and we're not even close to one coming up). After that order was placed, I got curious and asked if I could get one for myself with the same deal...she checked and said yes, so we are both getting new 928's for a total of $100. I have the Galaxy S4 now and like it, but I've wanted to try the 928 as well...this way, I can swap my sim back and forth and try both back to back.
    07-22-2013 01:41 PM
    First post here I think, but I just ordered one for my wife a little while ago...she's been wanting the 928 but we are not eligible for an upgrade. I called verizon and asked about doing the payment plan deal, and she told me about a promotion on my wife's line that would knock $400 off of full retail. Knowing that full retail is only $449, that intrigued me. She double checked and sure enough, I ordered one in black for my wife without an upgrade for $49 (possibly an early upgrade, but there was no mention of it and we're not even close to one coming up). After that order was placed, I got curious and asked if I could get one for myself with the same deal...she checked and said yes, so we are both getting new 928's for a total of $100. I have the Galaxy S4 now and like it, but I've wanted to try the 928 as well...this way, I can swap my sim back and forth and try both back to back.
    That's pretty cool! I need to call them and check my lines.
    07-22-2013 04:52 PM
    double check make sure they didn't sign you up for the new edge program
    07-22-2013 10:03 PM
    double check make sure they didn't sign you up for the new edge program
    Don't see how it could be that... I paid for both phones already in full, the full retail price isn't being spread over 24months. Also, edge isn't available until august 25th.

On my order confirmation, it lists the price ($449) then under it says "discount - NOK928B $400"
    07-23-2013 03:21 AM
    Don't see how it could be that... I paid for both phones already in full, the full retail price isn't being spread over 24months. Also, edge isn't available until august 25th.

On my order confirmation, it lists the price ($449) then under it says "discount - NOK928B $400"
    You should try to figure out if they extended your contract or something. Because this sounds way too good to be true.
    07-23-2013 11:11 AM
    They probably did. Doesn't matter to me if they renewed it, we were only a few months into it anyway lol
    07-23-2013 11:40 AM
    They probably did. Doesn't matter to me if they renewed it, we were only a few months into it anyway lol
    What do you mean "they probably did." Were you not listening to them?

You could have just locked yourself into an additional two years on top of what you already have.
    07-23-2013 01:56 PM
    What do you mean "they probably did." Were you not listening to them?

You could have just locked yourself into an additional two years on top of what you already have.
    Okay, I called back to check and they did a contract renewal for 2 years... So basically my contract starts over from yesterday for 2 years... No big deal, like I said we were only a few months into the contract anyway so we basically just started over with two brand new phones
    07-23-2013 02:10 PM
    Okay, I called back to check and they did a contract renewal for 2 years... So basically my contract starts over from yesterday for 2 years... No big deal, like I said we were only a few months into the contract anyway so we basically just started over with two brand new phones
    I don't think contracts with VZW overlap like that... I'm pretty sure that if you want a subsidized upgrade it's an additional two years on top of what you already owe.

But, whatever...
    07-23-2013 03:55 PM
    I don't think contracts with VZW overlap like that... I'm pretty sure that if you want a subsidized upgrade it's an additional two years on top of what you already owe.

But, whatever...
    Nope, renewals start from the day you agree to the terms... You can call and check for yourself...
    07-23-2013 04:17 PM
    So you're saying you could "renew" each month & get a new subsidized phone at no additional cost? Highly unlikely.
    07-23-2013 07:28 PM
    So you're saying you could "renew" each month & get a new subsidized phone at no additional cost? Highly unlikely.
    No... Never said that. What I'm saying is that when I called to ask about using the device payment plan, she told me two of our lines had a promotion on them that would knock $400 off of the full retail price of the phone. As it turns out, that promotion is allowing us to do an early upgrade on two of our lines.... Most likely because they're trying to sell more windows phones since they don't get as much attention. I didn't ask for an early upgrade, and I didn't know anything about the promotion. Why would I make this up? Since you keep wanting to doubt me, I'll say again.. You're more than welcome to call and check for yourself...
    07-23-2013 07:41 PM
    No... Never said that. What I'm saying is that when I called to ask about using the device payment plan, she told me two of our lines had a promotion on them that would knock $400 off of the full retail price of the phone. As it turns out, that promotion is allowing us to do an early upgrade on two of our lines.... Most likely because they're trying to sell more windows phones since they don't get as much attention. I didn't ask for an early upgrade, and I didn't know anything about the promotion. Why would I make this up? Since you keep wanting to doubt me, I'll say again.. You're more than welcome to call and check for yourself...
    I will call later today, is there anything I should say specifically to improve my chance of getting the same deal? Should I say I am interested in a windows phone? I will be doing this on my brothers account, since he just got a new phone on a new contract 4 months ago. Hoping they will let him get a 928 and sign him up for 2 more years. He currently has a note 2
    07-23-2013 09:53 PM
    I will call later today, is there anything I should say specifically to improve my chance of getting the same deal? Should I say I am interested in a windows phone? I will be doing this on my brothers account, since he just got a new phone on a new contract 4 months ago. Hoping they will let him get a 928 and sign him up for 2 more years. He currently has a note 2
    I have no idea, I didn't have any tricks.. I just told them my wife wanted the 928 (which is true) and she told me about this "promotion" which ended up being an early upgrade making the phone $49. Good luck :-)
    07-23-2013 10:30 PM
26 12