【HELP】928 stucked in the starting picture

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My 928 stucked in the starting picture showing a black background and a white "NOKIA". Any button won't work. Gosh, I just bought it 1 month ago!!!!! And I didn't do anything!!! I just simply turned it off after recharged yesterday. When I woke up this morning I pressed the power button to start it, and I found it like that after 10 minutes.

I know there's a force hard reset hole near the micro-USB plug seat, but I think maybe I should bring it back to the dealer store to ask for changing a new one, so I wanna do it with them together T_T
Gosh!!!! I just got a pic with a hot girl in it yesterday!!!! And what about my accounts and the photos !!!!!

Anyone got a better idea? Thousand thanks to you guys:crying::crying:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Try pressing the volume down button and the power button in for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration. This is called a 'Soft Reset' and it's a bit like a factory restore. But it won't wipe out all your data, don't worry!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it into charging again?

My 920 once got stuck into booting for like 20mins or more after some bigger update, but it moved forward as soon as I plugged it back into the charger. Not sure if coincidence, but it didn't feel like it.

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Try pressing the volume down button and the power button in for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration. This is called a 'Soft Reset' and it's a bit like a factory restore. But it won't wipe out all your data, don't worry!

I tried, volume down+power, volume up+power, volume down+volume up+power, nothing worksT_T
Thank you though ^_^

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it still on and stuck in the screen? I guess one hope before taking it back for warranty is that you could let it run dry (can take even a week if its just displaying the Nokia text and nothing else) and then when its forced to shut down due to empty battery, recharge it and put it back on and see if it gets stuck again.

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it still on and stuck in the screen? I guess one hope before taking it back for warranty is that you could let it run dry (can take even a week if its just displaying the Nokia text and nothing else) and then when its forced to shut down due to empty battery, recharge it and put it back on and see if it gets stuck again.

That's probably a solution I could try but I'm running out of time here in the US. I'm flying back home this Thursday.
I think taking it back for warranty may be the best choice for me so far.
Thank you though ^_^

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just remembered reading about a key sequence you could try - it's meant for if your phone gets stuck on Hard Reset and won't boot after.

Step 1 - Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

Step 2 -
Then input the keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3 -
The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.

If this doesn't work it looks like it's a warranty swap. Sorry if we couldn't help!

EDIT: Source: http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140408

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered reading about a key sequence you could try - it's meant for if your phone gets stuck on Hard Reset and won't boot after.

Step 1 - Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

Step 2 -
Then input the keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3 -
The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.

If this doesn't work it looks like it's a warranty swap. Sorry if we couldn't help!

EDIT: Source: FAQ: FAQ - How do I reset my Nokia Lumia if it does not work properly? - Nokia - UK

Thank you my friend. That's something I've never heard before. But my phone just stucked in that picture and was unable to be powered on or off. And I tried to connect it to my laptop but still end up with nothing.
I've already got a new one.
The salesman kept my e-mail, and he would let me know if he was able to reboot my phone before my departure.
Thank you for the valuable information anyway^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire