Data Toast Notification

xzero9

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, long time reader first time poster. Anyway I have a question more out of curiosity than concern that I can't seem to find addressed anywhere.

I've been using the 928 for about a month now and prior to that the Trophy. Every once and awhile, I'll get a toast notification that says, "4G Verizon Wireless 75.00 Mbit." the number will vary, not always being 75.00. When clicking on the toast it will take me into the cellular settings, but there is nothing more to indicate the meaning of the toast. In that setting panel, I have the following setup - Data connection: on; Data roaming options: don't roam; Mode selection: LTE and CDMA; For limited Wi-Fi connectivity: don't use cellular data.

My question is, what exactly is that toast referring to? I'm usually on wif-fi and I get the toast while on wi-fi and as I indicated above I have the don't use cellular data option enabled. That eliminates the only thing I can think of which would be that it is telling me when it is using my data connection and how much. What am I missing? Like I said I'm not worried about it per se, but it is driving me crazy that I can't figure out exactly what it is referring to.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you on a limited data plan? I'm on an unlimited plan and have never gotten a notification like that. But it doesn't make sense for you to get the notification while on WiFi.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 2GB family share plan and we don't even come close to using it all.

LOL - my wife uses less than a gig and I burn through the rest, and once in a while I have to add another two gig ($10 for 2 gig is cheaper than $15 for each gig of overage). :wink:

xzero9

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mystery solved. I'm an *****. Its from an app called Cellular Live tile. It gives you toast options. I installed it awhile ago and forgot about it. I guess I've been trying too many apps (easily rocking over 100). Hell, I'll read about an app on WPCentral download it and then forget to even try it out some times. I think I have a problem O.O

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mystery solved. I'm an *****. Its from an app called Cellular Live tile. It gives you toast options. I installed it awhile ago and forgot about it. I guess I've been trying too many apps (easily rocking over 100). Hell, I'll read about an app on WPCentral download it and then forget to even try it out some times. I think I have a problem O.O

Meh - 100 apps is nothing... The prior time I replaced my phone there were somewhere over 225 apps to install.... The last time, I deleted every game, and culled the list of apps, then did a backup, before restoring to the new phone. Was still over 150. :wink: It sure takes a long time to restore that many apps.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs