ebay. Nokia QI DT-900 Black or white for $25 with free shipping

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then again...i really don't need another one. The battery life is so good I only charge at night...and closer to every other night at that rate.
I wish I could do that...... I'm battery OCD. I charge at night. I charge in the car on the way to work. I charge at work. I charge on the way home. And if I'm at my computer, I charge there.

head-desk-head-desk

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Got a prepaid shipping label and they refunded me $5 as thanks.

I stay at home with the kids, so I can let the battery run down. Even if we are heading out I can charge when needed and Battery Saver is pretty effective.

I did charge it up for the birth of our second son last Wednesday. It held up fine for a full day of phone calls, emails, pics, Facebook, etc. And takes great pics.

edit: weird, the WPCentral app doesn't show my profile pic, but it does show Hopmedic's.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday.
One thing I think is rather.... odd... If you post a link to something you're selling on ebay, mods will delete the post. Post a link to someone else's ebay sale, no one says a word.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Just over 10 of the white ones available! I just bought one. Thanks for the find! This is even better than the deal that DailySteals had a few weeks ago...they were $30 then.

To those that already have them...any issues? Working fine?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just over 10 of the white ones available! I just bought one. Thanks for the find! This is even better than the deal that DailySteals had a few weeks ago...they were $30 then.

To those that already have them...any issues? Working fine?
Working fine.

If you find a way to get that working in a car...post, wouldn't mind doing that too....
Here it is. Kind of a frankenstein it is, but it works, and it only cost $25 more than what I already had, since I already had the things other than the charger.
Here's the mount I have: Amazon.com: Amzer 18-Inch Aluminum Gooseneck Floor Mount Universal - Mount - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
I also use this noise suppressor and this BT receiver to plug into the audio input of my car stereo (car stereo doesn't have BT streaming protocol, only hands free)
I used parts from a mount similar to this one. This is not the exact model, as I can't find it online right now, but the similarity is the large "ears" that grip the sides of the phone. I don't know about this model, but the one I used for parts had ears that were hollow. I broke the ears off of the "parts" holder and put them over the ears of the good one. I could have just used the other holder, but it is built more sloppily and rattles quite a bit. I'm happy with the Amzer model. I glued them in place, cut out the foam where it hits the camera button, and the result is below.

WP_20130730_002.jpg

WP_20130731_001.jpg
WP_20130730_004.jpg

The reason "Nokia" is upside down is because I wanted the power coming out the bottom. I just used double back tape to hold it on.

For power I cut the power cable in half, and since the charger requires 12 volts, I wired it directly to the contacts of a cigarette lighter adapter taken from my box of junk cables no longer used. Since I was an electronics technician in high school, this was no problem. Make sure that you get the polarity correct - positive tip.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Bonus: My usb-based car charger would not keep up with the power demand, and the battery would drain even plugged in, if I was using Nokia Drive. Today, I drove from home to work, about 45 minutes, with Drive on, and streaming a podcast to the stereo, while on the wireless charger. I left home at 100% and arrived at work at 100%. This afternoon, I'm heading over to the local Microsoft office to attend a user group meeting, and I'll try to remember to leave work with the battery drained a bit, to see if it actually charges while using Drive as well as streaming.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Test passed. I left work at 88%, and after 25 minutes of steaming audio while navigating with Here Drive+, the battery hit 100%. Nice.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
AT&T has the nokia wireless charging plate for $25 as an online only offer now. I just ordered one. Wish the stores around me had in-store pick up though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6