Hey guys, I'm gonna be out of the country for a month or two, and wanted to suspend my account. No point in paying close to $90/month if I'm not gonna be using the service whatsoever.

So here's the thing, I currently have unlimited data (grandfathered) and am not on contract any longer (month-to-month), could I lose my unlimited data by suspending my account?

I bought the 928 full retail so I could keep my data plan, and would be pretty po'd if I lost it.

Anything you guys can share, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    john
    07-24-2013 05:39 PM
    Yes, unless you activate your old smartphone on the contract. Month to Month is never worth it if you have unlimited data from verizon. They have the largest 4G network and the fastest data
    07-24-2013 05:47 PM
    Don't suspend your line! Call! I'm leaving to study abroad for 6 months I called tmobile and they have this thing where they kinda 'shut down' your service and you just pay $10 a month to hold on to your number...and when you come back you just 'activate' your account again :P
    I'm sure Verizon has a similar program
    07-24-2013 05:48 PM
    Actually I just reread..im not sure if the same will apply for out of contract, month to month service :/
    07-24-2013 05:49 PM
    Yes, unless you activate your old smartphone on the contract.
    Not sure what you meant by this. That I can lose my unlimited data if I activate my old smartphone on contract?

Month to Month is never worth it if you have unlimited data from verizon. They have the largest 4G network and the fastest data
    Maybe I wasn't being clear in my original post but the reason why I'm month-to-month (post-paid) is because my 2-year contract has run it's course, and it's the only way to keep my unlimited data. Also, I get 4G with my 928.

And LeLee092, I think what you're describing is essentially what I'm trying to do. I would suspend or "shut down" the service for a period of time, which Verizon let's you do for up to 3 months free of charge, when done online.

What I'm trying to find out is if this will affect my unlimited data, since technically I'm not on contract any longer?

Has anyone that's not on contract (month-to-month post-paid), suspended their line and kept their unlimited data?

Thanks for the responses,
    john
    07-25-2013 09:48 PM
    Suspending your account simply places it in an inactive state. It does not disconnect the line or touch any of the features on your account. So as long as you don't remove anything or tell them to remove any features, your unlimited data should be there when you get back.

I would definitely ask and make sure though once you call to suspend.
    LeLee092 likes this.
    07-25-2013 11:02 PM