928 GDR2/Amber?

KrightonX

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Really was that necessary?

About as necessary as all the posts I read in every single forum "Why not 4 mac?" "When will it be released for mac?!?" It's idiotic. The problem.. is staring those people in the face. But hey, it's white and shiny, so it must be good.

What's really funny, is seeing this on a Windows forum.. of all places..

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So, for those who have flashed it, what user data DO you lose? What gets backed up and restored automatically?

(I know I would need to back up the full size camera pics/videos)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I won't move from my Mac, but I do appreciate the blind fanboyism you are displaying.

Its called Bootcamp. Put it on my 2009 Macbook Pro when Windows 7 came out and haven't looked back. Apple makes great hardware, but the software is just ok, and pretty bad/restrictive if you really know computers and like to customize.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you had a real computer you wouldn't be asking this question every time something useful is released. Games, software, Updates etc.. Ditch the trendy lesbian toy and grab a Surface Pro. Evolve!

LOL, I partly agree, well, maybe a little more but, For people who HAVE to stick with a MAC and deal with all the software that comes out you cant use....You need to install a VM with a WIndows OS on it...that should sove your problem or just get a 2nd computer with Windows on it for things like this...

I honesly tried the MAC route for about 6 months(I'm a systems admin and had to deal with them time to time and wanted to learn them) and found the same issue all the time, when trying to hunt down a program for something about 75% of what I could find was Windows Only....gave that up real quick...

Never mind the person with the MAC was asking that question on a Windows fourm....what type of reply did they expect ?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Never mind the person with the MAC was asking that question on a Windows fourm....what type of reply did they expect ?

Here? A polite one! One of the reasons I like WPCentral -- it's a friendly place. Go to BGR or Engadget and look at the comments there...ugh.
We should be happy a Mac user is also a WP user, far too easy for them to be another iPhone user.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Its called Bootcamp.

This. Don't hold your breath for a Mac flashing tool (not saying there isn't one though), and I wouldn't even dare use a VM like Parallels. Just grab a cheap copy of Windows 7 and keep it handy for when/if you need it. It'll be far less of a pain in the arse to deal with.

DavidinCT said:
LOL, I partly agree, well, maybe a little more but, For people who HAVE to stick with a MAC and deal with all the software that comes out you cant use....You need to install a VM with a WIndows OS on it...that should sove your problem or just get a 2nd computer with Windows on it for things like this...

I honesly tried the MAC route for about 6 months(I'm a systems admin and had to deal with them time to time and wanted to learn them) and found the same issue all the time, when trying to hunt down a program for something about 75% of what I could find was Windows Only....gave that up real quick...

There is no way in hell I'd use a VM to do anything sensitive. If the memory management of OSX decides something else is more important than the software USB connector, or other VM resources, and interrupts then, your phone is bricked. Get bootcamp, it's way more reliable.

Lastly, the Mac vs PC arguments, and others of their ilk, are stupid and just result in immature insults and general idiocy. Railing on a user for asking a question about a Mac is ignorance. Would you rail on Android people not using Linux? Or iPhone users using PCs? Just because your desktop is a certain OS doesn't mean your entire life has to be. It's a valid question, and deserves a valid answer.

Spencer LaValle

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't make hardware, they cherrypick. (I occasinally use parallels), but my main driver is my custom built pc. Their screens? LG LM270WQ1, hardware? made directly from foxconn, what they offer is a simple OS that's easy to use. (granted, that's not what i like, i enjoy tinkering).

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple doesn't make hardware, they cherrypick. (I occasinally use parallels), but my main driver is my custom built pc. Their screens? LG LM270WQ1, hardware? made directly from foxconn, what they offer is a simple OS that's easy to use. (granted, that's not what i like, i enjoy tinkering).

Not really here to argue semantics, as none of the actual OEM's make their hardware (it's all sourced from suppliers, they may assemble it, but that's about it). Apple's designs are superior to everyone else, if it was that easy, you'd see Dell, HP, etc "making" comparable hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos