928 GDR2/Amber?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
On a 928 your phone should already have come with GDR 2 on it, I believe? I know the 925's and 1020's have it on already and the 928 was released around the same time.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I even have Nokia Care Suite on my computer(I was attempting to fix a 822 with a bad rom at one point), I check that as there is an option to search for updates (to update a phone at retail), it says my 928 (should be fully up to date) that it is fully up to date as expected. So, Nokia does not have it as an option for retailers...

Wish Microsoft kept it's word... Not allowing carriers to control updates but, with Verizon, we will be waiting for a while...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Maybe Verizon is testing group texting, maybe that is why it's taking so long. I hope so, that would make us all (who uses group text) happy here. The rumor is that it was fixed but, waiting for the next major update to release it.

As we are getting close, I will check Nokia Care Suite every day. This is the same software that Verizon and Nokia uses to update phones or to flash looped phones. If Verizon gets it in store (possible a few days before release), it will show up on this software... I want this dam release today, not next month....I checked today, nope :(

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I called Verizon support to ask the status on Group Messaging. The rep said she was looking at an article from the end of June that said the group messaging is supposed to be considered for the upcoming update scheduled for July. She said that is looking more like August now. Hopefully they get this fixed.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the August 4th date was meant to be taken in a "week of" sense. I've never experienced Verizon releasing an update on a Sunday. From previous experience, they tend to drop on Tuesdays so give it a few more days. Usually the support page gets updated a day or so in advance so keep an eye on http://vzw.com/lumia928support

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the August 4th date was meant to be taken in a "week of" sense. I've never experienced Verizon releasing an update on a Sunday. From previous experience, they tend to drop on Tuesdays so give it a few more days. Usually the support page gets updated a day or so in advance so keep an eye on http://vzw.com/lumia928support

This. Come on, people. It's the week of August 4th, not exactly August 4th.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

is that a legit support page? if so, it's not loading for me -- getting a 'page is unavailable' message. could this be a sign?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99