Alarm volume?

kramnnim

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Finally retired my Trophy, replaced it with a 928. Even with the volume set at 1/30, the alarm volume is LOUD. Is this normal? Any workarounds?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the alarm doesn't change with the volume control. Without separate volume controls for different things, this makes sense. You wouldn't want to accidently lower you volume to a really low level while listening to something on your phone, only to forget to turn it up after your done so your phone wakes you in the morning.

kramnnim

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The alarm volume is adjusted with the main volume on the Trophy/Mango...never had a problem with it, since mute didn't affect the alarm. The 928/WP8 default alarm volume is too loud, and scares me in the morning.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The alarm volume is adjusted with the main volume on the Trophy/Mango...never had a problem with it, since mute didn't affect the alarm. The 928/WP8 default alarm volume is too loud, and scares me in the morning.

I never noticed that when I had my 900, though I haven't had it since last Oct. I actually tested this in the past because I wanted to listen to a internet radio station while falling asleep but I wanted the volume to stay really high for the alarm.

Scares you? Come on! Who can't use a good kick in the behind to start the day?? ;)

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What's up with the alarm volume??? I just made the same swap yesterday - from Trophy to Lumia 928. Never had this problem (and yes, it is a problem) with the old phone. The alarm volume should be directly tied to the main volume control - or at least have it's own separate setting. Will have to test this on the wife's 8X to see if it's an HTC, Nokia, or Windows Phone 8 issue.

ENV

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The app called 628am is a great alarm clock, and has a built-in sound that fades up. So, it starts pretty low and gradually gets to the "get your *** out of bed!" volume. Check it out. :)

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The app called 628am is a great alarm clock, and has a built-in sound that fades up. So, it starts pretty low and gradually gets to the "get your *** out of bed!" volume. Check it out. :)

Thanks for this, but is it possibly now called "627.am"? I couldn't find anything in the store for 628, but 627.am came up as an alarm app.

I'm hoping to find some kind of alarm solution and/or hoping that Black might adjust the alarm volume options since, like the OP, the minimum alarm volume is shockingly loud to me and I really, really miss having an alarm that gradually fades up to full volume like my BlackBerry did. Would also appreciate the option to set recurring Daily Alarms for just weekdays and/or weekends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro