Importing photos to my new phone

Isometric_414

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I must be missing something simple here, but let me explain my situation first.

I'm switching from my old HTC Trophy (7.8), to a 928. I'd actually purchased a black one yesterday, then returned it because of what I now see is a prevalent issue with the appearance of the capacitive buttons. Before I noticed the problem, though, I'd brought it home and hooked it up to my computer to sync some of my favorite photos from the Trophy through Zune. Only neither the Zune software nor the computer itself recognized the 928 (yes, it was plugged in). So I'm waiting for the white version of the phone to arrive from Amazon ($.01!!), but in the meantime, thought I'd poke around and see if someone can point out the solution that is surely right in front of my face. I'm running Windows 7 on the PC in question.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You cannot use the Zune software with WP8. I have the windows phone app on my Surface RT. I sync my photos back and forth thru that app. Maybe it will work for you too?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Another way to do it is to upload the photos to your Skydrive. Then from your new phone, assuming you're using the same outlook account as the Skydrive, you can access it directly from the Photos Hub. Then download to your phone if you wish. But I suggest you just leave it in Skydrive, because you can access it from current to future phones and never have to worry about it again.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The simplest way to transfer pics is to use Windows Explorer and copy or move them from the phone to the PC. The phone should appear under My Computer. It doesn't work exactly like an external drive, but the appearance is close.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo