08-26-2013 10:20 AM
169 1234 ...
tools
    Also, you can now set google as your default search engine with GDR2
    08-15-2013 08:29 AM
    Does camera flash 'On' work now?
    Thanks.
    08-15-2013 08:31 AM
    Anyone know if the white balancing issues with and without flash on have been fixed? I've heard that pictures come out quite yellow with the flash.
    08-15-2013 08:41 AM
    I'm really interested installing this because I NEED group texting and FM radio (never mind the other upgrades to the OS) and I am sick of waiting for Verizon. I have downloaded all the files from Nokia's site.

Has anyone figured out how to do a upgrade, saving game saves and other settings ? If so, can someone write up a quick clear directions on how to do it ? If it has been posted, I might of missed it, so a link would be helpful.

Really dont want to lose my game saves and Microsoft's backup does not back them up.

Thanks !!!
    08-15-2013 08:45 AM
    Does camera flash 'On' work now?
    Thanks.
    Yes, that's awesome. Double-tap to open is awesomet too. The ability to tone down the vibrancy on the colors is good. Camera is quicker. Still downloading my apps so haven't tried everything.
    08-15-2013 08:47 AM
    I'm really interested installing this because I NEED group texting and FM radio (never mind the other upgrades to the OS) and I am sick of waiting for Verizon. I have downloaded all the files from Nokia's site.

Has anyone figured out how to do a upgrade, saving game saves and other settings ? If so, can someone write up a quick clear directions on how to do it ? If it has been posted, I might of missed it, so a link would be helpful.

Really dont want to lose my game saves and Microsoft's backup does not back them up.

Thanks !!!
    Use Nokia Software Updater. Works great and it downloads and installs it automatically!!. There is a checkbox that you could uncheck and it "may" save your settings. No one has tried it yet, but I will later today with another phone.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-15-2013 08:52 AM
    Use Nokia Software Updater. Works great and it downloads and installs it automatically!!. There is a checkbox that you could uncheck and it "may" save your settings. No one has tried it yet, but I will later today with another phone.
    Post back with your results, I really want to do this but, I cant lose my game saves (way too much time will be lost).... I miss having a rooted WP7 device sometimes, there was a tool that would backup EVERYTHING, all settings, game saves, etc. Just install your rom, install your apps/games, then resore your backup, Even your logon to Facebook and twitter was even there...nevermind EVERY game save....too bad :(
    08-15-2013 09:05 AM
    anyone test playing .wav voicemail files?
    Sweet sassy molassy, it plays them!!!!!!! Best day ever!
    08-15-2013 09:05 AM
    Post back with your results, I really want to do this but, I cant lose my game saves (way too much time will be lost).... I miss having a rooted WP7 device sometimes, there was a tool that would backup EVERYTHING, all settings, game saves, etc. Just install your rom, install your apps/games, then resore your backup, Even your logon to Facebook and twitter was even there...nevermind EVERY game save....too bad :(
    I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail, but it would NOT let me uncheck the box to wipe user data. There it say in all it's glory just wanting me to uncheck it, but alas I could not. Hopefully somebody can figure it out, or Verizon will just push the update shortly for you.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-15-2013 09:08 AM
    i love the call N Sms filter! that's make my Lumia smartphone.
    08-15-2013 09:27 AM
    amber-perks.jpg
    Siah1214 likes this.
    08-15-2013 09:27 AM
    Is FM Radio support suppose to be include in the Amber update? I thought originally it was, but I'm not seeing an option under the Music app.
    08-15-2013 09:38 AM
    I don't see FM radio either
    08-15-2013 09:48 AM
    I would also like to know about the FM Radio as well. I thought these updates allowed this feature. Also, and I might be completely mistaken, but didn't Nokia, with Amber, upgrade the Bluetooth component to be 4.0 with these updates as well?
    08-15-2013 10:01 AM
    I do not either.
    08-15-2013 10:02 AM
    I do not either.
    On crap...So we get group texting (YES !!!) but, we dont get FM radio (BOOO !!!) thanks Verizon....
    tk-093 and deadwrong03 like this.
    08-15-2013 10:04 AM
    Hrm, did notice one thing that I can't figure out. I use Simple Calendar for my calendar. Prior to the update it had no problem showing my shared Google calendar. However, now it will not show it.

Not a WP8 problem as much as maybe Simple Calendar doesn't have support for CalDAV yet? Anybody else in my situation so I can verify it just ain't me?

P.S. I'll probably just add my gmail account back as an ActiveSync account for now since Google hasn't killed it yet. That will be a workaround I suppose.
    08-15-2013 10:40 AM
    Sweet sassy molassy, it plays them!!!!!!! Best day ever!
    I'm a bit confused as to the importance of the .wav file playback. Not sure what I am missing out on. Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks. Hoping Verizon releases to the air soon.
    08-15-2013 11:29 AM
    Not sure if this thread is a good place to ask this question, or if I should have created a new one, but...

I haven't flashed a WP8 phone before. If I understand this though, once a phone is manually flashed then it no longer will recognize future OTA updates? Or do I have that wrong? I'm just wondering if I need to downgrade to the current released build in order to receive future OTA upgrades, how / where do I obtain the firmware I'm currently running (1532.5957.1318.3021)?

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-2013 12:01 PM
    Not sure if this thread is a good place to ask this question, or if I should have created a new one, but...

I haven't flashed a WP8 phone before. If I understand this though, once a phone is manually flashed then it no longer will recognize future OTA updates? Or do I have that wrong? I'm just wondering if I need to downgrade to the current released build in order to receive future OTA upgrades, how / where do I obtain the firmware I'm currently running (1532.5957.1318.3021)?

Thanks in advance!
    hey, don't worry it will recognize OTA updates, for actual Firmware. No matter if you flashed Russian phone with Canadian FW.. it will receive OTA updates meant for Canada
    08-15-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks in advance!
    It's live on Verizon now. See the other thread.
    jleebiker likes this.
    08-15-2013 12:14 PM
    This also fixes the "dead spot" on the upper right corner of the screen when you try to change it from ring to vibrate.
    Penny_1 likes this.
    08-15-2013 12:15 PM
    i love the call N Sms filter! that's make my Lumia smartphone.
    Where is that? Can't find it, haha.
    08-15-2013 12:17 PM
    It's live on Verizon now. See the other thread.
    Just saw that, thanks!

So, to my question then, to quote Roseanne Roseannadanna: "Never mind"
    08-15-2013 12:20 PM
    OTA update completed successfully. Anyone else notice that volume down / power button combo no longer triggers a soft reset?
    08-15-2013 01:48 PM
169 1234 ...