Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I too am noticing a big of sluggishness since the update. Not while on Wi-Fi, but while on 4g. Pages take longer to load. Apps take longer to update. And I'm not in an area where I'm picking up Wi-Fi and 4g...it's strictly 4g. Even when I turn Wi-Fi off.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing some lag with my screen. Doesn't happen a lot, but a few times my screen will either freeze or jump around like I'm tapping it (when I'm not).

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Shoot... that's a bummer. I can understand that though since you probably can't control what third party apps do once you launch them.
I can understand that with 3rd party apps, but we're talking about Nokia's newfangled app... For that matter, they don't even let you select 3rd party cam apps to launch with the camera button, which makes it a little more of a head-scratcher.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing some lag with my screen. Doesn't happen a lot, but a few times my screen will either freeze or jump around like I'm tapping it (when I'm not).

It started to happen with mine L920 since begin of this week and I still with GDR1 software version. Maybe exists another explanation for it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Booooo!!! After changing the default camera app to Pro Cam, you can no longer unlock straight to the camera w/out a password.

Edited: I thought there was a solution to this, but I was wrong. It seems you can only use the default Camera app to awaken the phone via the camera shutter button. Oh well.

Last edited:

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You still can! Here is what I wrote about this in a different thread:
When I first changed the default camera button from the default camera to Nokia Pro Cam, I noticed that pressing the camera button from sleep mode to awake always made me input my 4-digit password, whereas previously the default camera app did not make me do this. I went back into the Settings > Applications > photos+camera and checked "Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked" and now it works where I can bypass the password and go straight from sleep to the Pro Cam app (I know, the wording of that and what it did sounds counterintuitive, doesn't it?).
Checked or unchecked, it's not doing it for me on a 928. :(

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Checked or unchecked, it's not doing it for me on a 928. :(

Hmm, I guess you're right. I had my password set to "1 minute" instead of every time, so I'm guessing that is why I thought it didn't work. Oh well. Unfortunately, you cannot even use the built-in Camera app as the default and then just quickly hit the lens button to switch to Pro Cam as other lenses are blocked. I guess if you need to take a quick picture, the built-in Camera will have to do.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I guess you're right. I had my password set to "1 minute" instead of every time, so I'm guessing that is why I thought it didn't work. Oh well. Unfortunately, you cannot even use the built-in Camera app as the default and then just quickly hit the lens button to switch to Pro Cam as other lenses are blocked. I guess if you need to take a quick picture, the built-in Camera will have to do.

Way to get me excited only to have my dreams come crashing down on the rocks below. :) The pro shot app is good enough that I don't mind entering my 4 digit pin.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Way to get me excited only to have my dreams come crashing down on the rocks below. :) The pro shot app is good enough that I don't mind entering my 4 digit pin.

I may just disable my PIN for now... I don't often leave my phone laying around and this is kind of annoying me.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if it's because of the update but today my screen locked up and was unresponsive. It was fine again after a reboot. On the plus side, .wav file voicemails that are emailed to me are now playable.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused as to the importance of the .wav file playback. Not sure what I am missing out on. Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks. Hoping Verizon releases to the air soon.

Soooo, no answer? Can someone tell me why this may be important? Not sure why it is something I might want to use...

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Edited: I thought there was a solution to this, but I was wrong. It seems you can only use the default Camera app to awaken the phone via the camera shutter button. Oh well.

idk but i literally just did this. i have no lock pin/pw set and pro cam is my default camera. i held the shutter button down while my phone was locked and the phone awoke to pro cam. is this not what is happening for others? seems to work fine for me.

Soooo, no answer? Can someone tell me why this may be important? Not sure why it is something I might want to use...

i'm too not sure of why this is significant unless that's a common file type voice mails are saved as and so if you were to receive one with that file type from someone who wants you to hear a particular voice mail now you can listen to it?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I can handle this. Tons of companies have voicemail systems such as Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, that send you your voicemails as an attachment in an email. These wav files are encoded using a certain codec and that codec was not playable on Windows Phone 8. This is a real big deal for the mobile worker as iOS, BBOS, BB10 and Android (via 3rd party app) had no issues playing them.

Microsoft has finally corrected this bug and added that support back.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
idk but i literally just did this. i have no lock pin/pw set and pro cam is my default camera. i held the shutter button down while my phone was locked and the phone awoke to pro cam. is this not what is happening for others? seems to work fine for me.
It should be able to do this with a PIN enabled, as the basic camera app does, but it's not.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

If you HAVE a PIN/PW set and hit the camera button you can take pictures without unlocking the device using the stock camera app. Very handy when you want to take a quick pic.. Using the Pro Cam app as the default, it will prompt you to enter your PIN before being able to take a picture.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Lot of office IP Phones systems has the ability to send the voicemail in an e-mail. Quite pleasant, except earlier WP versions did not play the format of that wav.

It does now and it is a big relief that I do not have to find a computer to play back those files.

Just a small everyday annoyance out the way :)

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05