Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

IamAdiSri

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm in India and still waiting for the GDR2+Amber OTA update on my Lumia 620. I wanted to know if the song duplication issue was fixed in the update or not?

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sound just came back on!!!
I went through and played with a bunch of settings and I just heard a sound.
Then I played some music.
I hadn't heard a sound since yesterday afternoon.
JJ

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing a pattern of data connection issues since the update - web pages taking forever to load (often not loading at all), email inboxes not syncing, etc. After a little bit of looking, it seems like my phone's wifi connection isn't as persistent as the phone thinks it is - the wifi icon will show connection and good signal strength, even when it's not showing up on the connected clients list on my router. Since my phone thinks that it's connected to the wifi, it's not seeking data over the LTE so it waits and waits and waits... at this point, I've pinned the wifi settings to my start screen so that I can quickly toggle it on and off, which resolves the non-connection, but this is a pain in the ****.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that I was on 3G a lot more than normal for the first day or two.
LTE seems pretty consistent, now.
There is an option to use data when Wifi is low (I don't enable it, though, as I could use a bunch of data and think I'm on Wifi).
I do wish that the status bar icon was indicative of actual signal strength.
My understanding is that it only shows on, off, and connecting (or maybe available).
Apparently, it's a highly-requested change.
JJ

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been noticing a pattern of data connection issues since the update - web pages taking forever to load (often not loading at all), email inboxes not syncing, etc. After a little bit of looking, it seems like my phone's wifi connection isn't as persistent as the phone thinks it is - the wifi icon will show connection and good signal strength, even when it's not showing up on the connected clients list on my router. Since my phone thinks that it's connected to the wifi, it's not seeking data over the LTE so it waits and waits and waits... at this point, I've pinned the wifi settings to my start screen so that I can quickly toggle it on and off, which resolves the non-connection, but this is a pain in the ****.
I think they probably did this in response to a problem that was happening when the phone would try to use data on the cell network when it was a very spotty connection, but WIFI was fine. I'll test out tomorrow at work to see, but that's my guess

egret85

May 18, 2011
Visit site

This happens for me too. Add you comment to the MS answers issue I made for it: GDR2 WIFI Issue - Microsoft Community

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So much for group messaging - I gave it a try for the first time since Amber and I get an immediate 'can not send' message. Double-checked my settings and I don't see any obvious issues.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem as well, try calling Verizon as its an issue with the way the phone interacts with their network. I was only able to fix with a hard reset unfortunately

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo