Updated to Amber? Post thoughts here!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Figured I would start a thread for those of us brave enough to update our 928's to Amber. Mine is about 80% done. Pretty excited about group messaging, camera improvements and the double tap to wake stuff.

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance...where can I find the thread with instructions on how to do this? I have Nokia Care Suite but I can't seem to get it to recognize my phone. :-/

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Double Tap to wake rules! Glance screen rules!

Camera updates.. Let's talk camera updates. On the original 928, there would see to be a delay from when the phone made the camera "snap" to when it would actually take the picture so often times you would move slightly and it would be blurry. It seems 10000000 times better now.

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Love the Double Tap and the camera does seem quicker/more accurate and very happy Group Chat is enabled again, or at least the option (need to test). The only thing I hate more than Group Chats is being included on one without a phone that groups them, lol. I also noticed the audio is much richer and/or deeper in sound (notifications/ringtones).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Since outlook.com syncing is still down I can't get my Live contacts on my phone which contains my cell numbers to group text... :(

DrFate

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Were the new Nokia apps (Pro Cam, Video Trimmer, etc) preinstalled when you installed Amber, or did you have to download them manually? I didn't find it preinstalled on my phone nor can I find it under the Nokia Collection in the Store.

Thanks.

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Were the new Nokia apps (Pro Cam, Video Trimmer, etc) preinstalled when you installed Amber, or did you have to download them manually? I didn't find it preinstalled on my phone nor can I find it under the Nokia Collection in the Store.

Thanks.

No, that is apparently coming later this summer.

The screen is so much more responsive.. It is like a new phone.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Damn, glad to hear the update is bringing more of an upgrade in experience than I expected. I just can't take the risk of flashing it and voiding my warranty though as I've twice had phones with the problem described in the "Can't hear callers" thread.

mentalpixels

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok now i believe I am doing something wrong ... can someone guide me to where i can find some resources into the art of flashing this device :D

most appreciated

rynthnyltrr

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
i'm 100% sure that our bing qr code scanner improves a lot. it's really faster to scan qr codes after the amber update. one thing that i noticed. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro