02-06-2014 12:47 AM
162 12345 ...
tools
    I contacted Microsoft about the false advertising and it was escalated. I will tell you guys how it turns out.
    Let us know....

I've called up Nokia and was told the same c.r.a.p. After checking as said here, It still shows on their site that the 620 is the only phone that can't support FM radio. This is false advertising at it's best. It's a clear lie from someone, may it be Verizon, Nokia or Microsoft, someone is giving us the BS.

I'm waiting for a call back from Nokia, I told them because of this lie (that is what I quoted them), I want a full refund for my phone, I was EXPECTING FM radio support and picked up the phone BASED on that. Nokia would have to do it, as I am out of carrier return policy.

I will admit, If they give me a refund for the phone, I don't think I will ever buy another Nokia....at least HTC never plays this type of BS, no matter how many Nokia fanboys are on this forum.
    08-18-2013 09:39 AM
    Let us know....

I've called up Nokia and was told the same c.r.a.p. After checking as said here, It still shows on their site that the 620 is the only phone that can't support FM radio. This is false advertising at it's best. It's a clear lie from someone, may it be Verizon, Nokia or Microsoft, someone is giving us the BS.

I'm waiting for a call back from Nokia, I told them because of this lie (that is what I quoted them), I want a full refund for my phone, I was EXPECTING FM radio support and picked up the phone BASED on that. Nokia would have to do it, as I am out of carrier return policy.

I will admit, If they give me a refund for the phone, I don't think I will ever buy another Nokia....at least HTC never plays this type of BS, no matter how many Nokia fanboys are on this forum.

If your dying for FM, just use the trophy or tune in. The only reason I upgraded to the 928 was LTE (3g is terrible where I'm at) and the LTE AWS band that was being added in. I'm not banking on the update though. Verizon always botches updates. Anyone that's been on Verizon for a LONG time knows that. If its not there, it will be. Whether if its by hacking (who knows how long it will take until the registry gets unlocked) or by a small OEM update.

Also, if you switch to HTC, don't feel bad if your device doesn't have exclusive deals/apps on it. Its bs for sure, but I'm sticking with Nokia until the OEMs start to make WP worthwhile.

Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.
    08-18-2013 12:02 PM
    If your dying for FM, just use the trophy or tune in. .
    Yea, that is what I have to do now. I listen to a lot of FM sports radio and I can get Football, Hockey and baseball off that radio station. I can't stream those games unless I want to pay for each package. MLB, NFL, and NHL want extra money to stream audio games, even MLB is like $40 a year, never mind the other ones. SO streaming games is pointless here.

I still have my trophy but, when I have a "high end" phone in my pocket that I paid full retail (non contract), that fully supports FM radio but, MY carrier disabled it, this is a problem and after paying the prices that we pay for these devices, WE SHOULD GET ALL THE FEATURES THAT WE PAID FOR.

Verizon has been doing this c.r.a.p. way too long, I really think it's time for a class action lawsuit and trying to create a law that carriers can not disable features on a device any more if the device supports it. PERIOD

I'm sure this is so users will use more data and with capped data plans they make more money.

Also, if you switch to HTC, don't feel bad if your device doesn't have exclusive deals/apps on it. Its bs for sure, but I'm sticking with Nokia until the OEMs start to make WP worthwhile.

Read through some of my other posts. The exclusive apps are not a big deal to me, when I picked up my 928, there was not one exclusive app that I wanted to buy. 95% of the time using my phone is not any 3rd party apps (besides facebook or twitter that are not any exclusives) and I think most people use their phone that way.

It's not as big of a deal to me over all. I had a HTC 8X for 4 months before getting a 928, the only reason I upgraded was the space, when it comes down to it, they are the exact same phone.....

WIndows Phone 8 does not allow anyone to customize the OS, like in Android, When you buy a different brand Android device, you get a whole new interface from the OEMs, this is not the case with WP8, so it's not as much of a big deal going from HTC, Nokia, or Samsung..

Not trying to go off topic here too much but, the fact of the matter is, carriers disable features that the phone supports because they chose to, and that is just wrong with the prices we have to pay for them.
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    08-18-2013 12:47 PM
    Let us know....

I told Microsoft that the FM Tuner was one of the major factors I bought the phone for and I am requesting a full refund as well. I am suppose to hear back within 48hours. I love windows phones so I want to find out if this was Nokia, Verizon or Microsofts screw up before I swear off Nokia's.
    08-18-2013 03:41 PM
    Can somebody answer which new Verizon smartphones have the fm-radio enabled? After the TP2 I just always thought the fm radio wouldn't work because it was on cdma. I wasn't aware the trophy had a working fm radio.
    08-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Can somebody answer which new Verizon smartphones have the fm-radio enabled? After the TP2 I just always thought the fm radio wouldn't work because it was on cdma. I wasn't aware the trophy had a working fm radio.
    I heard, correct me if I am wrong but, the HTC 8X (AT&T) has the FM radio...but, GRD2 has not hit for the Verizon model. I would hold out...

As for the Vzw Touch Pro 2....Yep, I fought Verizon on that one, got all the way to high up in corporate back a few years ago (numbers don't work any more, tried), and it was confirmed, The Touch Pro could do FM radio but, corporate decided to not offer it, due to headphones in the box (that they would have had to change/add them at too high of a cost).. Yep we lost out because of $0.39 set of ear buds... love corporate world, don't ya ?
    08-18-2013 06:49 PM
    This Friday past (Aug 16) a CSR at Verizon told me FM will be available on the Nokia 822 when the GDR2 update is pushed to that device. Of course it also uses the S4 with MSM8960 chipset so... we shall see.
    08-18-2013 09:28 PM
    Not that it makes all that much difference, but I had an original Droid Incredible and it had FM Radio abilities. Granted it was a 3G phone, so I have no idea if something with the 928 FM radio affects 4G (I doubt it). Point being, I was looking to pick up a windows phone and give the system a try and one of the features I saw coming with the updates was FM Radio. It would be nice if this situation was resolved or someone gave some type of response to clarify what is going on with this phone.
    08-19-2013 07:21 AM
    I heard, correct me if I am wrong but, the HTC 8X (AT&T) has the FM radio...but, GRD2 has not hit for the Verizon model. I would hold out...

As for the Vzw Touch Pro 2....Yep, I fought Verizon on that one, got all the way to high up in corporate back a few years ago (numbers don't work any more, tried), and it was confirmed, The Touch Pro could do FM radio but, corporate decided to not offer it, due to headphones in the box (that they would have had to change/add them at too high of a cost).. Yep we lost out because of $0.39 set of ear buds... love corporate world, don't ya ?
    that's what pissed me off the most about tp2 and fm radio. All hardware there and the BS lame excuse for not allowing it.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-19-2013 09:49 AM
    So the Lumia 925 is getting an OTA update that fixes FM Radio problems. This makes me think that the 928 can get its Radio fixed by an update as well. http://wmpoweruser.com/new-firmware-...WMPowerUser%29
    08-19-2013 03:27 PM
    So I just got off the phone with VZW Tier 2 support who tells me this is being escalated to the update approval group to find out what happened and why. Of course the gentlemen I spoke with made the accidental and somewhat telling mistake of saying "I don't know why they wouldn't want this feature (radio) on the phone because they're really pushing data right now". A brief explanation from me that enabling FM radio would result is LESS data usage and he quickly tried to take those words back. I still think Nokia is to blame on this one but we shall see.

Best thing you can do is call Verizon Wireless and complain. Unless enough people make enough noise to get on the radar nothing will change. Squeaky wheel gets the proverbial grease.
    08-19-2013 05:47 PM
    am calling verizon tomorrow about this. am pissed they did this. just one greedy company that doesnt give a damn about its customers.
    08-19-2013 10:29 PM
    Both captures from WP8 with GDR2 and Nokia Amber. 925 on the left, 928 on the right. We need to demand answers from both Nokia and Verizon.
    v__f7b2.png wp_ss_20130819_0001.png
    Last edited by ddartman7; 08-19-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    pechio likes this.
    08-19-2013 11:27 PM
    Both WP8 with GDR2 and Nokia Amber. 925 on the left, 928 on the right. We need to demand answers from both Nokia and Verizon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V__F7B2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	40659 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130819_0001.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	40660
    This pic makes me sick to my stomach. Nice going Verizon.
    08-19-2013 11:56 PM
    im bummed about no FM, but also, is anybody else experiencing a buggy GDR2 experience?? My phone has frozen up and restarted at least 6 times a day. Never had a single freeze or restart before then.
    08-20-2013 12:43 AM
    After Amber update I found the FM radio in the music and videos hub on Lumia 920. For antenna you need to connect headphones. This works in Finland 😃
    08-20-2013 02:13 AM
    D.A.M.N No FM radio support totally sucks. I can only blame myself for not doing enough research before committing to this phone and vzw. As it turns out there are 3 windows phone on the Nokia line up that don't have radio 610, 810 and 928. The pictures are from AAWP (All About Windows Phone) and Nokia Devices web site. And yes, after the update the phone is not as smooth (Touch and Graphics)
    wp_ss_20130819_0001.pngwp_ss_20130819_0002.pngwp_ss_20130819_0003.png
    08-20-2013 04:25 AM
    So I just got off the phone with VZW Tier 2 support who tells me this is being escalated to the update approval group to find out what happened and why. Of course the gentlemen I spoke with made the accidental and somewhat telling mistake of saying "I don't know why they wouldn't want this feature (radio) on the phone because they're really pushing data right now". A brief explanation from me that enabling FM radio would result is LESS data usage and he quickly tried to take those words back. I still think Nokia is to blame on this one but we shall see.

Best thing you can do is call Verizon Wireless and complain. Unless enough people make enough noise to get on the radar nothing will change. Squeaky wheel gets the proverbial grease.
    I called the other day, and it got escalated as well, I was told I would get a call back within 24-48 hours, well it's been long after that. If anyone is calling Verizon, this is the DIRECT line to their support 1-866-221-4096, if you call with your moble phone doing *611 and ask for support, they will give you a number telling you to call back via a different line so use the direct number.

I will try to follow up with another call tonight.... This is BS and needs to be resolved.

im bummed about no FM, but also, is anybody else experiencing a buggy GDR2 experience?? My phone has frozen up and restarted at least 6 times a day. Never had a single freeze or restart before then.
    Not as much as you but, yes, I have seen some freezing up and being unstable...New after GDR2..
    08-20-2013 07:37 AM
    Microsoft advertises the FM Radio as an entertainment feature on their store.
    Nokia Lumia 928 White for Verizon Wireless - Microsoft Store
    everyone check this out. three days ago l checked this link and it said fm radio-yes. l just checked it and now it says there is no radio. nokia really let us down. thats not fair at all and we need to take action.
    08-20-2013 08:16 AM
    After Amber update I found the FM radio in the music and videos hub on Lumia 920. For antenna you need to connect headphones. This works in Finland
    trying to rub it in our face? if you got radio stick to it and shut up
    08-20-2013 08:23 AM
    D.A.M.N No FM radio support totally sucks. I can only blame myself for not doing enough research before committing to this phone and vzw. As it turns out there are 3 windows phone on the Nokia line up that don't have radio 610, 810 and 928. The pictures are from AAWP (All About Windows Phone) and Nokia Devices web site. And yes, after the update the phone is not as smooth (Touch and Graphics)
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Don't believe everything you read.
    Here is clarification.
    lumia928_radio.jpg
    I don't think Nokia decided the fate of FM radio on Verizon.
    08-20-2013 09:11 AM
    I honestly believe from what I have read in detail that this phone supports FM radio. The phone has the chipset, Nokia showed on their site that all models accept the 620 supported FM radio (posted after the 928 was released), never mind talking to 2 different Nokia reps who told me Pre-GDR2 that the phone does support FM radio.

In my honest thoughs here, this is not Nokia, this is a Verizon thing, Verizon decided to disable it, maybe its' like the TP2 where they thought it would be a problem because the phone does not come with headphones (costing them money by customers complaining that it does not come with everything needed to use the phone).

Anyway about it, it's complete BS, I think we need to put something up on change.org, to people demanding after we get say 10,000 people signing it, we open a class action lawsuit against Verizon, Nokia and Microsoft for the lies and claiming all devices accept for one model would get FM radio support.

Personally, I still would like a law in place(at least here in the US) for moble devices where carriers MUST enable all features on device if they support it unless there is publicly said reason why they cant enable it (AKA: FCC problem, possable problem with the phone due to conflicts in freq, etc, VALID REASONS). After all, these devices are costing us $400+ even in a contract, we should get everything we pay for.

This just ticks me off, knowing someone around a coporate round table sat around and said, let's disable this feature because of some simple reason where it could possable cost them a little money (and cut their margins down by 0.0000000001%), and that is how it work for the most part...
    08-20-2013 09:41 AM
    This will certainly make a difference for me when I am making a decision on my next phone. Nokia just lost huge credibility as far as I'm concerned. Fool me once shame on you.....
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-20-2013 10:14 AM
    Coming from someone that owns a Magnum Dynalab, I've never seen so many people so passionate about FM...
    ddartman7 likes this.
    08-20-2013 10:43 AM
    everyone check this out. three days ago l checked this link and it said fm radio-yes. l just checked it and now it says there is no radio. nokia really let us down. thats not fair at all and we need to take action.
    I also saw this with "radio-yes" a couple days ago and am now seeing "radio-no" This really annoys me, and I feel like I've been lied to. This was a big part of the reason why I chose this phone over other ones. My data plan can't handle me streaming all day every day at work, and sports are blacked out on streams. I researched this phone fairly in depth before buying fully expecting to obtain fm radio with this update since I saw both the nokia site (which said all phones except the 620 supported fm radio) and the microsoft site say this phone had fm radio. Very, very frustrating. I have called verizon and microsoft and still haven't heard back from anyone. I think I'm being ignored with the hope I'll go away. What are my options?
    08-20-2013 11:14 AM
162 12345 ...