Verizon OTA update is live!

7thGear

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just completed the update, can also confirm that Group Text has arrived! Sadly, what happened to FM Radio? It's not on my 928 either. I thought FM Radio was going to be on all WP8 phones :(

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Update page is live

Anyone know how big the update is? I've got 2.2 GB left for the month, but 9 days left. I could up it to 6GB for this month, I suppose..... :wink:
(I'm at work, and have no wifi until I get home)
You can only do updates over WiFi unfortunately

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how long it stays on "Preparing to install 100%"?

I saw this post right when I started so I paid attention...

Updating 100% - 5 minutes
Gears - 8 minutes
Almost Done - 20 minutes

Peek was already an option. Double tap to wake is there. No FM Radio. Free storage increased about 1GB without even doing anything. Photos on the photo tile were initially back to stock, but after a few minutes went back to my favorites.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Curious about Glance. I guess it's the clock display -- settings say if Peek is enabled I can display the Glance screen by hovering my hand over the phone.

Doesn't seem to do anything. Should it display the Glance screen when the Lock screen is active or when the Home screen is??

Color me confused. . .

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Curious about Glance. I guess it's the clock display -- settings say if Peek is enabled I can display the Glance screen by hovering my hand over the phone.

Doesn't seem to do anything. Should it display the Glance screen when the Lock screen is active or when the Home screen is??

Color me confused. . .

The Glance screen works when the screen is turned off. If Peek is enabled, wave your hand over the screen and you'll see the time displayed in the lower left hand corner of the screen. If it's set to "always on" you'll always see the time displayed when your screen is turned off. The battery consumption to have it always on is negligible, but I know there's people who don't want it always on and want to be able to see the time without pressing the power button and that's what the Peek setting is for.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm still pretty new on this forum, mostly just reading, and am happy to be here so far! I never had a crapple, but I did have, wait for it...................a Thunderbolt when it first came out. And 2 more and 3 Rezounds, needless to say I wanted something different. Hello WP8! I love my black 928, so far no problems and the update went just fine. I've never rooted a phone and had no intention of loading something unofficial. Andriod's have so many ROMs to choose from, but it seems there's always things that don't qutie work right. So with my box checked to notify me of updates, it was a done deal. I've learned a lot on this forum which is why most of us come here. One think I was very happy about is that during the 45 minutes or so of my download my battery went from 99 to 95%. On an Android it would have sucked half or more out of that sucker. I can't say enough good things about this phone, however I'll never get over 2 things. One is that ATT got the 920 six months ago, as we all know, although they're waiting for their update.....The biggie to me is that they should have had a red one to choose from from day 1, that woulda been smokin!
But don't get me going about how far behind the big V is these days. ATT seems to get better phones way faster, like the HTC ONE, Ha, V still doesn't have it and won't have a 64 gig. STOOPID.
And while I'm rambling on I want to give a big thanks to the Dev's for their hard work. I couldn't give a crap about instagram, FB is all i can take. Anyone who cries about paying for a good app shouldn't have the phone. I'm sure for that amount of money the app will be around longer than whatever else you could spend that little for! I have more paid apps on my phone now than I ever did with Andorid and am way ok with that.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The Glance screen works when the screen is turned off. If Peek is enabled, wave your hand over the screen and you'll see the time displayed in the lower left hand corner of the screen. If it's set to "always on" you'll always see the time displayed when your screen is turned off. The battery consumption to have it always on is negligible, but I know there's people who don't want it always on and want to be able to see the time without pressing the power button and that's what the Peek setting is for.

Thanks Steve -- got it. . .

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Update page is live

Uhmmm... how would one remove & re-insert the battery in a 928??

Smash the phone on the ground and hopefully it will split evenly in 2. If not Smash on the ground repeatedly until it splits like a coconut. Once open.... take battery out and reinsert! :excited:

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My Phone Update has both options checked: Tell me when updates are available for my phone, and Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it. Well, neither of these happened. What's the use of this setting then? I had to manually click "check for updates" this morning to reveal the software update, download, and install. Still testing the new features, but am liking them so far.

I just learned yesterday that the 928 doesn't have FM radio. I thought it did, but I confirmed with the Nokia 928 spec webpage. Too bad. I wonder if Verizon had anything to do with this omission? Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Uhmmm... how would one remove & re-insert the battery in a 928??
If you have to ask this question, you clearly aren't using a big enough hammer.

I just learned yesterday that the 928 doesn't have FM radio. I thought it did, but I confirmed with the Nokia 928 spec webpage. Too bad. I wonder if Verizon had anything to do with this omission? Certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Don't give up yet. The 920 didn't have it listed on the specs on day one - I looked for it specifically. It's possible they aren't listing until enabled. I hope.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the lock screen seems to have "gone away". When my home screen times out it goes straight to glance but not to my lock screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05