How good is the Lumia 928?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have a Z10 and I have wanted to try WP for a while now. I do have an upgrade and I noticed that the 928 is now free on contract. It certainly does look like a great phone but I don't know if it will be worth using my upgrade for it. Would it be a smarter choice to wait it out for high end Windows Phone models to come? I am on Verizon so I obviously don't have the option of trying the 1020.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's plenty good enough. Just get a case and a screen protector. Amber update is going live OTA as we speak so you might want to wait a little.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's plenty good enough. Just get a case and a screen protector. Amber update is going live OTA as we speak so you might want to wait a little.

I usually end up getting full body protectors for all of my devices. It seems that there aren't a lot of accessory choices or the 928 but that really wouldn't affect me.

TMaestro

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one and am very happy with it. I can tell it is a very good phone. But is it good enough for you? It depends on what you expect from it.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like it a lot and feel it is worth it. If Verizon does get a 1020 variant it may not be for a while.
I use my 928 more than my Z10, but I use my Q10 more than either. Without the Q10 I would probably use them more evenly.

Unless there is a phone coming out soon you'd rather have, I would say go for the Lumia.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. One thing though: battery life. That is my main concern. With my Z10, it is awful. How good is it on the 928? Hopefully I can get 12+ hours because I am lucky to get about 6 with my Z10. Never had battery life this bad. If the 928's isn't very good, tell me. Don't sugar coat it :)

TMaestro

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine can last longer than a day, but I guess you use your phones more often than me. Perhaps you need to try it yourself. Please note that you might need to use and charge it a few times before battery life becomes stable.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
The 928 is a high end Windows phone. Battery life is worse than my iP5, but I can easily go from 5:30-2 on a charge, listening to music much of the time. However days im on a train and away from the office worry me. I'm not 100% confident in its battery yet.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been great on the Lumia. It is better than my Z10, but I usually get at least 12 hours out of my Z10 on a typical day so you obviously use your phone more than I do.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a Rezound, I say this battery kicks ***! I can get a full day out of it, although I wouldn't consider myself a power user. There's things you can do to save on battery life, but I wouldn't let it stop me from getting this great phone!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the battery life testimonials so far. I am a heavy user, but I'm always a bit nervous to switch phones due to battery life. The best battery life I've got was on my Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 and that could be about 15 hours. My Tour 9630 also got great battery life. I was reading reviews on Verizon's site and the battery life seems to be a bit higher for the Lumia 928 than the Z10.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Would it be a smarter choice to wait it out for high end Windows Phone models to come? I am on Verizon so I obviously don't have the option of trying the 1020.

You can't use this logic with cellphones or else you will always be waiting, because there is always the rumor of the next big phone. The 928 IS the high end phone, right now.

I usually end up getting full body protectors for all of my devices. It seems that there aren't a lot of accessory choices or the 928 but that really wouldn't affect me.

Yes, this is a downside to the phone. Acc. manuf. seem to not to want to support this phone. I've been tweeting Otterbox requesting their support.

Thanks guys. One thing though: battery life. That is my main concern. With my Z10, it is awful. How good is it on the 928? Hopefully I can get 12+ hours because I am lucky to get about 6 with my Z10. Never had battery life this bad. If the 928's isn't very good, tell me. Don't sugar coat it :)

This will really depend on YOUR usage. My usage varies from day to day, depending on if I'm at work or home. At work, I can make it about 3/4 of the way through the shift, depending on how much I'm on it. At home, I can make to bed time.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been great on the Lumia. It is better than my Z10, but I usually get at least 12 hours out of my Z10 on a typical day so you obviously use your phone more than I do.

Glad to hear from someone who owns both. Pros and cons? Anything I would need to know if I do make the switch...if you're up to the task ;) lol

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh, you're interested in buying this? Here, let me point you to this thread that discusses the problems that a small minority of people are having due to defects that are pretty typical across the board in the modern industry. This should be really helpful for you!
There are some useful tips that could help newcomers, but maybe you're right WPC should remove the thread.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There are some useful tips that could help newcomers, but maybe you're right WPC should remove the thread.
We're not going to remove the thread, since it also lists fixes for some of the reported bugs.

Just keep in mind that it is the minority of people, not the majority, that have bugs. That's true of anything: smartphones, cars, TVs, etc.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

No, they shouldn't remove the thread. It's for bugs and defects. Not for reviews on the device itself. Bugs and defects are discovered by the manufacturer, often with help from online threads like the one in question, and then corrected. It's a minority of devices that are effected, and is not a review of the device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans