Official LUMIA 928 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Call Block evidently won't block calls from a number in your contact list.You didn't specify -- just wanted to get that out there. . .

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am a bit confused but does the native camera app record in stereo or do we have to use Nokia Pro Cam to take advantage of that feature? Cause I remember reading somewhere that the video use to only record mono but after amber, it should record in stereo. But then I read something on Nokia's blog saying you can record stereo on Nokia Pro Cam but no mention if the native camera app does.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that Nokia also updated their Nokia ringtones. I use the Nokia Message ringtone for my text messages and I noticed that they aren't as loud and obnoxious but more subtle after the Amber update.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that Nokia also updated their Nokia ringtones. I use the Nokia Message ringtone for my text messages and I noticed that they aren't as loud and obnoxious but more subtle after the Amber update.

I'm not sure if it's glitching or not, because the text message ringer has been varying for me every since the update. Sometimes, it sounds a bit different. I'm not really sure how to describe it, a little lower pitched I think? But sometimes, it sounds normal, like before the update.

RobertD1974

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Before the amber update, when I make or answer a call, the screen that has the 'End Call' button on it disappears when you hold the phone vertically. I assume this is done so you don't accidently click the 'End Call' button while talking. Since the update, it no longer disappears and I bump the button with my ear causing me to hang up on people.

Is there a setting to change this? For now, when I am talking, I hit the home button before putting the phone to my ear.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's glitching or not, because the text message ringer has been varying for me every since the update. Sometimes, it sounds a bit different. I'm not really sure how to describe it, a little lower pitched I think? But sometimes, it sounds normal, like before the update.

I noticed all the sounds seem to be slightly different before and after update.
Also noticing some apps don't seem to play well w the update. Have yet to be able to play jetpack joyride and not lock up the phone when ending the game. Very frustrating.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed all the sounds seem to be slightly different before and after update.
Also noticing some apps don't seem to play well w the update. Have yet to be able to play jetpack joyride and not lock up the phone when ending the game. Very frustrating.

I don't think Jetpack Joyrides problems have anything to do with the update. Pretty much everyone has had problems with it, whether updated or not.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Last night I was in the passenger seat of a car and using my 928. It was dark with intermittent light from streetlights, houses, etc. The 928's brightness was set to automatic and the brightness levels were going crazy. Mostly the screen was way too dark and it would randomly pulse to bright, but not in time with the intermittent light coming in through the windows. I had to set the brightness to low. This has never happened before. Yesterday morning I downloaded and installed the Amber update. I suppose it could be a problem with the light sensor, but my feeling is that it has something to do with the software update. Anyone else have issues with automatic brightness levels in low light situations?

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Before the amber update, when I make or answer a call, the screen that has the 'End Call' button on it disappears when you hold the phone vertically. I assume this is done so you don't accidently click the 'End Call' button while talking. Since the update, it no longer disappears and I bump the button with my ear causing me to hang up on people.

Is there a setting to change this? For now, when I am talking, I hit the home button before putting the phone to my ear.

I have not noticed any change in behavior specific to this since updating. When on a phone call the screen will still shut-off based if I bring the phone to my face. As long as anything comes near the proximity sensor the screen should shut-off.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Last night I was in the passenger seat of a car and using my 928. It was dark with intermittent light from streetlights, houses, etc. The 928's brightness was set to automatic and the brightness levels were going crazy. Mostly the screen was way too dark and it would randomly pulse to bright, but not in time with the intermittent light coming in through the windows. I had to set the brightness to low. This has never happened before. Yesterday morning I downloaded and installed the Amber update. I suppose it could be a problem with the light sensor, but my feeling is that it has something to do with the software update. Anyone else have issues with automatic brightness levels in low light situations?

Since the update, the only difference I've noticed with the ambient light sensor is that the screen does appear to be dimmer when viewing in dim light or darkness. I haven't experienced any flickering like what you've described.

RobertD1974

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have not noticed any change in behavior specific to this since updating. When on a phone call the screen will still shut-off based if I bring the phone to my face. As long as anything comes near the proximity sensor the screen should shut-off.

My wife has the same phone and her screen also does not shut off when she brings the phone to her face.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

My wife has the same phone and her screen also does not shut off when she brings the phone to her face.

I have not had this issue. Have either of you tried rebooting your phone? Reading through these posts, it looks like a reboot or two has resolved some other issues.

It's always a good idea to reboot the phone after every update. Just like on your computer when it says "These changes will not take affect until you restart your computer." The same principle may be in play here. These phones are mini computers. A reboot immediately following an update will help ensure any changes made to the OS take affect.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Xbox and the notifications when someone has played a turn and its your turn? Since the update not getting any notice when player has played and its ny turn from Alpha Jax. Before update it was working perfect.

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed that the screen is now darker in low light situations, making it more difficult to read while I am in bed.

Dustize

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got amber update on my Lumia 928 yesterday. But there's no Glance, double tap and call block features. Have you encountered somwthing like this? Did I miss something?

realjeep

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a problem since updating with wireless charging:

I put my 928 on my DT-900 when I go to bed each night with the ringer on pretty loud (I have to be available for work calls at night :crying:). Since the update, I have been getting the "now charging" audio alert at seemingly random intervals during the night. I have looked around in the settings, but it seems you can't disable the charging alert. This never happened before the update.

What I think is happening: I may be off here, but I think the phone disconnects from the DT-900 (or tells it to turn off charging) when it hits full charge, then idles under its own power, then reconnects when it needs to top off. Maybe when it goes to top off, it is now treating it as a new power source and playing the alert.

Anybody else seen this (or know how to turn off the charging alert)? I haven't tried going back to wired power, but I will tonight.

jamiemthomas

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Did you enable "Double Tap to Wake"? I noticed that this messed up the proximity sensor when taking calls. Try turning this off.

shayne6717

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got amber update on my Lumia 928 yesterday. But there's no Glance, double tap and call block features. Have you encountered somwthing like this? Did I miss something?

I had this same issue, I downloaded Nokia Collection and updated Display + Touch and Extra + info, which solved the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb