Official LUMIA 928 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

Creede Newton

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
After Amber Update, screen discoloration then total black

One day after I updated to Amber the screen of my phone became discolored, then after a few hours it went completely black. Sound notifications are still working but nothing is visible on the screen. Any ideas?

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth 4.0 after amber update?

So it had been reported that the Amber update would make the 928 Bluetooth 4.0 compatible. I have not been able to verify that this is now the case on my 928 after the Amber update. Has anyone?

rpm1984

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys with Group Messaging now available how many people can I message at one time now? Used to be a maximum of 10 did this update change that?

ian davenport

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yellow tint to front and rear facing camera after Amber update?

This hasn't been a problem before the update, only after. The tint is very yellow, like, "I just took a selfie and look like Homer Simpson." Is anybody else experiencing a similar issue? I emailed Stephen Elop about it and he said he would have some people check it out.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: After Amber Update, screen discoloration then total black

One day after I updated to Amber the screen of my phone became discolored, then after a few hours it went completely black. Sound notifications are still working but nothing is visible on the screen. Any ideas?

Did you try the vol down and per button reset yet?

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I noticed that after the GDR2 update the start screen scrolling by dragging the finger looks kind of choppy, but when the screen scrolls by itself the movement is smooth.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that after the GDR2 update the start screen scrolling by dragging the finger looks kind of choppy, but when the screen scrolls by itself the movement is smooth.
http://youtu.be/LGNHpIU8wg4

Do you have a screen protector applied? I do and when I slowly scroll, there is some fine friction between the screen and my finger, causing the screen to "stutter". But if the screen scrolls it is smooth same as yours.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Gmail multiple calendar sync is gone now???? Gmail.com/sync no longer lets me configure my calendars to sync to my device :/

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a screen protector applied? I do and when I slowly scroll, there is some fine friction between the screen and my finger, causing the screen to "stutter". But if the screen scrolls it is smooth same as yours.
Thanks for the quick reply.
The scrolling issue does not happen on the other screens (ie: wpcentral app).

Mego3

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently just received an update on my NL928 which I must assume is the GDR2/Amber, but after looking in my about, I see that my firmware is still on 1532.5957 and hasn't updated to 3045.0000, I was thinking this would all be bundled in one update, and was wondering if most people have gotten GDR2 then Amber a couple hours later, or both at once or should I reset and try again. Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find anything directly related to this.
I've been trying to match my Extras+Info to what other people have been getting after a successful update and it seems like I have everything but the Lumia Amber Update. But I was able to download the ProCam/Tripper/Video upload.
wp_ss_20130819_0001.png

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
2 "other" Storage sizes reported in seperate locations in phone?

With all the chatter about the "other" issue, I checked my phone. Lumia 928, with GDR2/Amber updated.

Under Settings\Phone Storage\then tapping phone, it is reported as 4.70 GB.
Under Settings\Storage Check\slide right to details, then at the bottom "other" is listed at 2.6 GB.

Is this causing confusion? Where is everyone getting "other" size details from? Why the difference?
:confused:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If your touch sensitivity is on high it gets laggy but moves fine on normal. Get the Hardware Test app from the store and it'll tell you what was all in the update.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently just received an update on my NL928 which I must assume is the GDR2/Amber, but after looking in my about, I see that my firmware is still on 1532.5957 and hasn't updated to 3045.0000, I was thinking this would all be bundled in one update, and was wondering if most people have gotten GDR2 then Amber a couple hours later, or both at once or should I reset and try again. Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find anything directly related to this.
I've been trying to match my Extras+Info to what other people have been getting after a successful update and it seems like I have everything but the Lumia Amber Update. But I was able to download the ProCam/Tripper/Video upload.
View attachment 40556
I got the Luminous Links app from the store and gives you direct links to what you need to update. I had the same problem as you and after going to the links and updating certain things showed Lumia Amber in the extras+info.

Ramesh Dimba

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow, guess what. Decided to do a Hard/Factory reset. The gears kept spinning for 30 min. I realized the phone may have had a low battery, so I plugged it in and turned the phone on and off. It had a low battery, once it got enough charge though it went right back to the spinning gears :/ Help.

The same happened to me while on Technical support with Verizon wireless and they asked me to do hard reset to resolve the issues with Wifi and Compass after the GDR2 update and now the wheels continue to spin after an hour. The technical support guy called Nokia for support regarding this issue also. Anyways, they have ordered a replacement for me and I should get one tomorrow and hopefully it will work better. I had no problem with the Nokia Lumia 928 before the update. After the update, the compass stopped working, it would use cellular network even though I was connected to wifi, multiple shutdown and restart and soft reset (holding down power button and volume down button) did not help resolve the issue.

Something got messed with the GDR2 update and hard reset just bricked the phone!

..Ramesh

Mego3

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I got the Luminous Links app from the store and gives you direct links to what you need to update. I had the same problem as you and after going to the links and updating certain things showed Lumia Amber in the extras+info.
Did your Extras+Info show a software release of nothing as well? I downloaded the app and literally updated and installed everything in the Systems app but Extras+Info,Feedback to Nokia, Access Point, and Accessories were the only apps under Systems app I could install.
Was your firmware outdated as well? Even after reseting my phone my OS version stayed with the GDR2(10327.77) update and my firmware has once again yet to update itself.

Last edited:

Cory Kincaid

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I got GDR2 and Amber four days ago now. Enjoying a number of the new features, and overall satisfied. There does seem to be a bug or issue related to the screen/graphics. I'm unsure if it is related to having double tap to wake on, but the issue has always occurred on a wake attempted by doubletap but rarely. The screen will freeze the image, or scrambled it like a negative with weird colors and only part of the screen or similar. When this occurs you can see the screen and at times can get it to change by using volume or other buttons. However, the screen itself becomes non responsive to touch. Sometimes a simple off and on with the button suffices. Other times I've had to hold Power to do a reset. Once even that wouldn't work and had rondo the volume down and power reset. My hope is this is something fixable by perhaps an app update for display+touch but would be curious to know if many others are seeing similar behavior.

egret85

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue. I'm on the 928 and amber is great! However since updating my phone seems to "drop" wifi. It says that I am connected, but for some reason after 20 min none of my apps are able to access the internet, even though it says I'm connected. I have to go and turn my phones wifi on and off every 20 min and its getting very very annoying.

I'm having this same issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos