SMS/Phone Filter Not Working on Amber

mbhforum13

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tested this with Verizon? I tried with 2 phone numbers (office and home) and neither work and the phone call is allowed immediately. When I block the #, I even get a toast notification that it's been blocked.

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
When you say home and office, do you mean you tried blocking your home and office numbers and when you call your 928 from those numbers they still go through? Are both of those numbers also somewhere in your contacts? If they are, I think that overrides the blocker. You can't block numbers you have saved as a contact.

mbhforum13

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I removed my office # from my phone book and it still did not block the number. I tried calling my 928 from my office and the call was not blocked. The caller ID does indeed show up and it's not marked as Private.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tested this with Verizon? I tried with 2 phone numbers (office and home) and neither work and the phone call is allowed immediately. When I block the #, I even get a toast notification that it's been blocked.
its a problem with the way it reads the number. I blocked my other cell phone to try it our, and it blocked SMS no problem. Its blocking the number properly on the format of 123-456-7890 (how text messages are displayed) but not (123)-456-7890 which is how the phone calls are displayed

Edit: for some reason my phone now displays texts as (123) 456-7890 so not 100% sure what's going on (99.9% sure it was different beforehand). They definitely should have caught whatever the problem is

Last edited:

Fadetonite

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to get this to work on Verizon as well. I was beginning to think the update that we got was Amber only and not bundled with GDR2. I have it set to block the numbers that come up "Uknown" and I have multiple numbers set up in the list and all go straight through, they do not even show on the blocked list counter. This is frustrating as its the only feature I was really looking forward to coming from android and having apps like Mr. Number that do all that for you.

So if you got it to work on Verizon how did you get it to work?

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
its a problem with the way it reads the number. I blocked my other cell phone to try it our, and it blocked SMS no problem. Its blocking the number properly on the format of 123-456-7890 (how text messages are displayed) but not (123)-456-7890 which is how the phone calls are displayed

Edit: for some reason my phone now displays texts as (123) 456-7890 so not 100% sure what's going on (99.9% sure it was different beforehand). They definitely should have caught whatever the problem is
Hmm, I wonder if your on to something there. My calls are coming in as (123)-456-7890 But in the blocked numbers it's showing 1234567890. If that's the case I'm assuming that should be a quick simple fix. Unless VZW is behind it not working.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if your on to something there. My calls are coming in as (123)-456-7890 But in the blocked numbers it's showing 1234567890. If that's the case I'm assuming that should be a quick simple fix. Unless VZW is behind it not working.

Just tested it myself. Not working for me. It would be weird if it was the formatting of the number, but again it could be it.

ether813

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just curious has anyone with a Lumia 928 or even 822 which i think is getting the update today, has anyone on Verizon seen a call get blocked yet...?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Not working here -- for over a year my line has gotten those "card services" spam calls, would be nice to block them.

And seriously, for all the vaunted VZW "testing", I get the feeling the only thing they did was fiddle with the bookmarks.

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know someone that doesn't have a 928 reporting the same problem? At first I thought this was a fluke (call blocking), but glad to see I'm not going crazy ;)

lmoorehead221

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 928 with 26 numbers in my call block lists and all calls persists to get through. Its frustrating to get a update and it not work as advertise hopefully this gets resolved soon.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think VZW is behind it not working. If it worked they would be losing money.
They allow you to block 5 numbers for free. If you want to block more you have to subscribe to there Usage Controls for $5.00 a month per account and even then it only allows you to block up to 20 numbers.

lmoorehead221

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I could see this being why as well. Verizon's support page for the 928 which goes over the details of what's in its updates has temporarily been pulled from their website so something is afoot.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
When you say home and office, do you mean you tried blocking your home and office numbers and when you call your 928 from those numbers they still go through? Are both of those numbers also somewhere in your contacts? If they are, I think that overrides the blocker. You can't block numbers you have saved as a contact.

yes you can !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)