Bluetooth and Ford Sync

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a F250 with Sync and everytime I get in my truck the phone connects and immediately starts playing music. Anyone know how to turn this off? The phone starts playing even if the truck is set to FM radio (so it plays silently).

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2014 Mazda CX5 and it did that a few times with Pandora so I deleted the app. But my Bluetooth is normal. It doesn't play unless I'm on that tab. It does sound like an issue with Sync.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ford Sync will automatically connect with paired devices (2013 Focus here). So if you had been playing an audio stream and didn't use one of the music stopping apps, the stream will start playing once it connects. Even more annoying is when you turn the car off and open the door it will start playing again through you phone speakers. So get STOP Music, pin the tile next to your music apps, and tap the tile whenever you finish listening to any music/audio stream. Basically, this happens because WP8 keeps the last audio stream open in the now playing que waiting to be fired up again. It can be annoying.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Ford Sync will automatically connect with paired devices (2013 Focus here). So if you had been playing an audio stream and didn't use one of the music stopping apps, the stream will start playing once it connects. Even more annoying is when you turn the car off and open the door it will start playing again through you phone speakers. So get STOP Music, pin the tile next to your music apps, and tap the tile whenever you finish listening to any music/audio stream. Basically, this happens because WP8 keeps the last audio stream open in the now playing que waiting to be fired up again. It can be annoying.

For me, it starts even if I have no stream going. I have Stop the Music, will hit it, turn the car on, and it starts playing. I have already gone into the Sync media settings and have turned off autoplay with no effect. I will talk to Ford and Nokia and will post whatever they say.

Thanks for the replies.

yancyv8

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I just recently returned from Argentina for a month and my gf's cousin had a ford SUV with ford sync and it wouldn't connect correctly at all. No idea why because my mother has a Ford C-Max and it works perfect in there. Maybe it's just the time of the month ;)

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have nothing plugged into your USB port and SYNC is set to MEDIA then it will automatically start streaming music from the bluetooth connection. I do not believe there is any setting to turn it off. I do know that it doesnt start streaming if I have the SYNC set to Radio or when my Zune is plugged into the USB port. As long as I dont switch Media to bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923