Touchscreen stopped working, how to reboot?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is a weird one. One minute I'm making a call, putting the phone in my pocket and the next minute the screen no longer works. It will turn on with the power button but I can not touch anything. Very odd. I want to reboot it, but since I can't use the screen, I can't slide down to reboot. I thought you could hold the power button and the windows button to get it to reboot, but the buttons don't work either. I might have to just let the thing run down on it's own, I just can't see the hardware magically failing like that....

Don't make me put my SIM in my Z10, 928...... don't do it!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen this since the update, but maybe once or twice since I bought the phone. It seems to be weird timing issue, if you hit the power button to go screen off right when it is powering it off via time delay, it gets weird. Like...when the screen is on, the phone thinks it is off, so no touch response. I think if you hit the Start button when the screen is supposedly "on" though, it may work (so the screen should actually be off? can't remember how I got around this).

KCTraveler

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, well I hate to report, it has happened again on my phone. Never happened previous to the update.
This time I was actually on a phone call. Screen remained on but I was unable to mute/end call, ect. After call the screen remained unresponsive. Rebooted again to correct.
I had Glance set to Peek. Turning it off to see if that changes anything.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd say they're just hiccups that will sort themselves out in a few days.. Hopefully!!

ditto. I've had the screen totally not respond to me a day after the OTA update, the soft reset fixed it. What I'm now frustrated with is my live tiles not updating for the last 24 hours. >_<

The only one that is updating is my linked inbox, everything else just sits there until I check it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this about 5 times from having my 928 (it happened again last night around 7:30-8:30 PM EST, When I NEEDED to get a call). Normally I notice it when a incoming call comes in, I try to swipe up and nothing happens no matter what I do, after I miss the call, I can hit the power button and turn it back on, sometimes it will work other times, I need to soft reset it.

No this is NOT a GDR2 issue, this is a hardware bug, maybe it brings it out more (???) but, I have seen this before GDR2 on my 928.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just did it a second time for me. Sometime during a call. Had to reboot it. Kinda annoying.. I'm not convinced it's a hardware bug since I never had this happen prior to the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99