Touchscreen stopped working, how to reboot?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've had lockups too, but never, ever the type that makes the screen stop working forever until you soft reset.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just did it a second time for me. Sometime during a call. Had to reboot it. Kinda annoying.. I'm not convinced it's a hardware bug since I never had this happen prior to the update.
I too think this isn't hardware related. My nephew and I had our phones since launch and we both got this bug after the latest updates. He has had it twice, while so far I got it once.

kadajawi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Buttons work, phone is reacting, but just the touchscreen isn't? Since the last update that happened for me too, once in a while. LG Optimus 7. Seen the same problem with a demo unit in a shop... That was a Nokia. So I doubt it is hardware related.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times as well on my 928. Can't pin it down to what causes it because it has happened while doing different things on the phone.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The touch panel is an app. Nokia pushed 3 update to my 928 last week and now it doesn't do it. Seems like its a corrupt update issue. So when the phone works with bt headset and screen won't respond the touch display app has quit. Now that Nokia told me that I get it. Only thing you can do is reboot. Need a button sequence yo restart the app. That would make it nice. Sort of like when explorer crashes on your PC. Just kill it and start it via run cmd.

Rafi Palliyal

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
after reset phone automatically downloaded new update and restarted. after that my touch is not working. side buttons still working. I tried hard reset & soft reset and reboot, nothing helped. Please help me to solve this problem.:cry:

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen stopped working

I've been using my phone and the touch screen freezes and need to soft reboot every couple of days. More and more it happens when the phone is charging, using the phone while charging freezes the screen/unresponsive. I updated to 8.1 preview and still happened.

I opened an Warranty ticket with Nokia. And I've been testing it nonstop before sending it out. Screen hasn't frozen since. Not sure if it will solve it. Might as well take advantage while the phone is under warranty.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen stopped working

I've been using my phone and the touch screen freezes and need to soft reboot every couple of days. More and more it happens when the phone is charging, using the phone while charging freezes the screen/unresponsive. I updated to 8.1 preview and still happened.

I opened an Warranty ticket with Nokia. And I've been testing it nonstop before sending it out. Screen hasn't frozen since. Not sure if it will solve it. Might as well take advantage while the phone is under warranty.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Would you please let me know what happened with you? I don't want to send it to Nokia unless I really have to but this is getting worse every day.

Has anyone figured out a possible reason for it?

soechitooo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Dears,

My Window phone has just stoped working. Touchscreen stop working. please give me any instruction if you can help. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

SSCO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)