Battery Life since Amber Update

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Ever since my phone received it's OTA update my battery life has been outstanding. Anyone else experience better battery life?

dimatador

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the update in my Lumia 920 and really, there is no difference at all. I guess the phone has a large bright screen that no matter what it well eat up lots of power.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Only difference I've noticed is that sometimes outta nowhere I'll drop up to 40% instantly. I had 62% earlier and my phone locked up, a soft reset later and I was at 26%. Not the first time that has happened either since the update.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
To those experiencing battery problems: is it possible that this increased rate of discharge is because the battery needs recalibration (like it happens on laptops)? I saw a post somewhere where the guy fixed his short battery life after Amber by merely resetting the phone. So try that too.

Square85

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I will also add that my battery life has remained the same or has actually increased since completing the Amber update; I also have my glance screen on all the time. #kickingitretro

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely seeing increased battery life, even with peek and tap to unlock on. Something was tweaked imo.
Going though the files from the factory release and the GDR2 stuff, everything was changed (or for that matter recompiled). New modem, new touch driver, new screen settings, ect.

Last edited:

NokiaFanAgain

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Feels better here also, my GFs 920 i
gets more than half battery after around 24.00 consider charged at 7.30.. Im trying to check if the push notifications are reduced on any app

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I also have better battery life. One day with normal usage from full charged in the morning and I usually come home with about 30-40%.
However, my 920's battery improvement was apparently due to dispearance of "process stuck" problem but the better charge rate (it is still 20-30% per hour when heavy usage, the one with 10%/hour maximum is so desirable :)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but people are describing a classic placebo effect. If something like that was on the table it would be in the change log. I would say battery life is about the same although reporting might be a bit more accurate. Initially battery life after the update was appallingly bad but a soft reset addressed that problem. Now it is back to where it has always been which is actually quite good.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but people are describing a classic placebo effect. If something like that was on the table it would be in the change log. I would say battery life is about the same although reporting might be a bit more accurate. Initially battery life after the update was appallingly bad but a soft reset addressed that problem. Now it is back to where it has always been which is actually quite good.
It IS in the change log.

I found it over at AAWP, and they clearly state there that there is supposed to be a 10% increase in battery life in real-world usage.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
It IS in the change log.

I found it over at AAWP, and they clearly state there that there is supposed to be a 10% increase in battery life in real-world usage.
Also inside that fancy ffu/cab update, hidden away inside the registry, there is stuff for Bluetooth that enables low power profile mode/ something of that nature (I don't quite recall what they had exactly called it), also the new cellular modem and the new display/touch driver helps too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6