Help! Screen is dying

rockyTop10

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Last night I noticed a bluish splotch in the top left corner of my screen. It slowly spread across my screen and by the time I woke up this morning the entire screen was blue. Now almost the entire screen is black, there is a narrow channel that is blue but i can still see through.

I have dropped my phone before so it is probably that, but it didn't appear right after a drop.

I was looking at just buying a new 928 but unlocked that runs ~350$ish. An 822 runs ~150$ish while an LCD Digitizer runs ~175$ish.

Before I spend 175 dollars on a new digitizer I wanted to see 1) if that would likely fix it, and 2) if there were any other methods I could possibly use, perhaps sending it in to Verizon?

Thanks

InspireMe

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Last night I noticed a bluish splotch in the top left corner of my screen. It slowly spread across my screen and by the time I woke up this morning the entire screen was blue. Now almost the entire screen is black, there is a narrow channel that is blue but i can still see through.

I have dropped my phone before so it is probably that, but it didn't appear right after a drop.

I was looking at just buying a new 928 but unlocked that runs ~350$ish. An 822 runs ~150$ish while an LCD Digitizer runs ~175$ish.

Before I spend 175 dollars on a new digitizer I wanted to see 1) if that would likely fix it, and 2) if there were any other methods I could possibly use, perhaps sending it in to Verizon?

Thanks

I just wanted to chime in and say that changing the screen out on most phones takes some skill and is fairly difficult. That may way into your decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12