Live Tiles Dead?

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I received the Amber update. My live tiles don't seem to be updating until I actually open the app. Settings in each app are set for updates also. Several apps were uninstalled / installed. I checked background tasks & only have a few running. Wonder if anyone else is having these issues or just a bad update install. If you have any answer I'm all ears. Thanks. NL928

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem also. A reboot seems to fix it for anywhere from a few hours to a day or so, then they are back to being stuck. Seems to affect all live tiles, regardless of app.

I'm also getting worse battery life, using Glance or not.

Given this, the live tiles, the no FM radio, call blocker not working, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this update. Really poorly done.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
None of my Bing apps appear to be updating, nor is the Me tile and the Facebook beta tile. Email/Text still updating, which is all I care about, but still.. Annoying as hell. I actually flashed my Amber update so it had a fresh hard reset as well.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Look for an app called App Social. It's a Nokia app. I uninstalled it and my live tiles started working again. I did reboot after the uninstall but I don't know if that is required. They didn't update instantly, but withing 30 minutes or whatever they were all working again.

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This might be an error through MS / Verizon & hopefully can be fixed sooner than later. Its a huge selling point of the OS. I noticed when my brother oggled at my device but then mention it's not 100 degrees. I opened the Weather Flow app & it updated to the correct temp of 108. He's contemplating on leaving iOS for WP8 but with errors on a huge selling point of the OS doesn't respond, then everything's broken (in their thoughts of course). I will send an email to Verizon & MS for support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium