Nokia Customer Service?

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had my L928 since launch and have had pretty good luck with it. About a month or so ago I started noticing that my sound would randomly just go out completely. No ringtones, no notifications, nothing. I would have to reboot my phone and the sound would come back. I noticed that is was getting worse and that it was somehow tied to bluetooth. If I connect to any bluetooth device (car or headset), after disconnecting, my sound would go out. This would not happen every time, usually about every other time.
I can't be rebooting my phone every time I get in and out of my car or listen to music, that could be 10 - 12 times a day. So I went online looking for solutions and decided to send my phone in for repair.
Sent the phone off and got it back about 2 weeks later. I had to use an old beater phone while it was out for repair. They noted that they ran all the tests and they all passed. Basically saying that they couldn't find anything wrong and sent my original phone back. I only installed my basic apps for email and such and let it go. Same day, it started doing the same thing. No sound. Well needless to say, I was pissed. So, I called "Customer Service" (and I use that term loosely) and requested a replacement phone. So that I wouldn't be without my phone for another 2 weeks. Send me a new(different) phone and I will send back this one.
No problem.... bla bla bla.. "We will have a representative call you back by the end of the day." RIght..
I waited 2 days and called back. Gave them my ref# . "Please hold while I look up your case"... "Your representative is currently busy, she will call you back by the end of the day."
I called and called and called.. all that week, everyday. Same answer, every time. The next week I called and asked for a supervisor... "We will have a supervisor call you back by the end of the day..." 3 days later. I call back, ask the same , get the same answer.
I have persisted and demanded to speak with "someone" and not relying on a "callback" They will never do it.
So after the 3rd week of not hearing anything from anyone, I went to the contact page and started emailing "Customer Support"
to which I get a reply:

:
Thank you for your reply.

We understand that one of the representatives from our Service Recovery Team already sent you an e-mail. This means that the case is already being handled by the said department and it would be best to coordinate with them regarding your concern. For this, we do hope for your utmost patience in waiting for a reply from the said department.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. To ensure proper handling of your case, kindly continue using the current subject line.

If you would like to contact us through voice call, you may call Nokia Careline at 1-888-665-4228 from Mondays to Fridays at 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (closed on national public holidays) for immediate assistance.

Kind regards,:

NOT! I haven't heard peep from anyone.
This is getting ridiculous. I'm on my 4th week of waiting for a call back. What can I do? Is there another email address or # I can call??
Please help! :devil:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, I had an issue that I called them with the other day, I was told I would get a call back with in 24-48 hours, it's been 5 days and I have not gotten a call back.

First time I called them, I thought their support was really good, after that, it's gone down hill. I've had to deal with HTC a few times and believe it or not, I think HTC has better customer service.

This and the fact of the FM radio thing on the 928, I don't think I will buy another Nokia ever again.

Edit: Over a week later, No call, worst customer service I have ever seen.

Last edited:

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Holy Cow... I had an issue with my Wife's 920... Wasn't holding Cellular or Wi-Fi data connections... Just a simple tweet to @nokiacareus and a few DM's back and forth and I had a 2nd Day Air UPS label in my inbox. Then 48 hours later, got a notification that the repairs were done... Then the phone showed up 2 days later (6 full days of using her 8x) and she was back on her 920. I didn't make one phone call, one online chat session or anything. On the flipside to that and maybe proving the HTC support thing - I never had an issue with an HTC device so I can't say one way or another about their service.

If I were you though, I would reach out with a new case to @nokiacareus on twitter and see how fast they can get you fixed up. See if that works better than calling constantly.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well.. I sent a tweet to them and they responded fairly quickly with "We'll have someone get with you ASAP"..
Let's see how this goes...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well.. I sent a tweet to them and they responded fairly quickly with "We'll have someone get with you ASAP"..
Let's see how this goes...

If you have a valid problem with your phone and it's under warranty, you don't even need to deal with them. Just got on their site and look over troubleshooting and send in for repair, it will ask for your serial number of your phone to confirm warranty (all 928's should be under warranty unless damaged), then from there, submit for service, answer all the questions and they will email you a UPS label and just drop in your box and send out... After you ship yours out, you should have it back in 5-10 days (They quote 7-10 but, I got one back in 6 days)

I did that when my 822 died a few days after getting it...2 Phones with them, 2 problems, great quality control...

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have a valid problem with your phone and it's under warranty, you don't even need to deal with them. Just got on their site and look over troubleshooting and send in for repair, it will ask for your serial number of your phone to confirm warranty (all 928's should be under warranty unless damaged), then from there, submit for service, answer all the questions and they will email you a UPS label and just drop in your box and send out... After you ship yours out, you should have it back in 5-10 days (They quote 7-10 but, I got one back in 6 days)

I did that when my 822 died a few days after getting it...2 Phones with them, 2 problems, great quality control...

I have already sent it in for repair and they sent my phone back to me saying that all was fine, but it is not. Plus, I don't feel like being without a phone for two weeks, again.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nokia "care" is the worst. Can't think of a worse experience than having to deal with them for the last month. My issue is also unresolved.

mrcrusha829

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
They are terrible!!!... I sent in a Lumia 822 for repair of the USB port. I got an email stating that the repair was done and sent back to me. I get the phone and there was a little note inside stating that they didn't repair it as there was water damage. Phone never saw moisture during the duration of ownership. Water indicators inside the phone were intact. They also stated that there was corrosion... give me a break!

I ended up getting a broken Lumia 822 on ebay and fixed the one I had to sell it. Thanks for nothing Nokia with you lies!

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I asked them via twitter today "What is the average wait time for a response?" and they responded... "Your information was already forwarded to the relevant department and we'll let them contact you as soon as possible. ^GS"
Nice answer... NOT!
This is the same answer I have been getting for 4 weeks now. This is ridiculous....

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I asked them via twitter today "What is the average wait time for a response?" and they responded... "Your information was already forwarded to the relevant department and we'll let them contact you as soon as possible. ^GS"
Nice answer... NOT!
This is the same answer I have been getting for 4 weeks now. This is ridiculous....

I feel for ya. My issue was finally resolved (took over 20 days and many calls, I guess I should count myself lucky).
Hopefully you find a resolution soon.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I called yesterday (again) to see if it would be my lucky day. Started the same way as all the other calls, she put me on hold to look up my case information, came back and stated " I am going to locate the representative assigned to your case and have them call you back." I said, no offense, but that is the same thing that all the other operators told me and I haven't gotten a call back in over 4 weeks. She said, "I see that you have been put off for a long time and I am personally going to speak to your representative and get them to call you back immediately." I said, well thank you very much.
That was yesterday @ 1pm......
No call....
Is this some kind of joke? How can they consider this any type of customer service.
I wish there was a way to contact some supervision....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Email Stephen Elop and let him know what's happening.

Whoever looks at his mail will assign it to someone, and it will likely get a good amount of attention.

They pride themselves on their service, and I'm sure headquarters would like to know when situations like this happen.

stephen.elop@nokia.com

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
By the way, my sister had a problem with her wireless charger and contacted Nokia through the Stephen Elop address. They assigned someone to her and treated her splendidly.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I sent an email to Mr. Elop (or the one that answers his email) and they responded fairly quickly apologizing for the problems and that he would assign it to someone in an escalated form. Then I got another email from the person that he assigned it to saying that they would review my case and get back with me shortly.
I guess we'll see how this round goes.. (crossing fingers)

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
* UPDATE
Well apparently you must contact Mr Elop to get anything done. This seemed to work, I was contacted by a lady that asked what was going on and I have a replacement phone on the way.
Not sure why the standard way does't work, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for the help / suggestions.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Personally i would say this is a software issue, rather than hardware, and even a new phone wont sort it.

I know i can make my phone reboot using my Bluetooth headphones.

Rather than sending the phone back, i sent instructions to Microsoft tech support on reproducing the bug, and the model of my headphones.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb