Amber update problem

CCoutret

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Yesterday I got a replacement phone from Verizon. Once I got the phone started up it appears to have done a GDR 2 update but I don't think I got the Amber update. I've been checking for updates regularly since then but the system says my phone is up to date. The reason I don't think I have Amber is because I don't have the Glance feature. The OS is currently 8.0.10327.77. I could use some advice on how to get my phone updated to Amber.
Thanks!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Check under extras+info if you have it. It may be the problem that you don't have updated the system apps, like display+touch, where the Glance feature is located. Download the app SysApp Pusher from the store and check for updates about display+touch and report back if there are any changes :)

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad I could help :).

The app is being constantly updated from the developer, so it's useful to have it and check for updates of the system apps from time to time.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
My first Lumia 928 updated the display +touch at the same time, but I had a system issue so I returned the phone to Verizon and got a replacement. My second Lumia 928 I had to wait about 48 hours and the the extras info update came from the store
tile update notification.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Same exact situation myself, got a replacement 928 yesterday that only updated GDR2 without Amber. SysApp Pusher is what worked for me as well, but also make sure to download the update for "Extras + Info." The two updates you need are "Display + Touch" which you already downloaded, and "Extras + Info" which it sounds like you have not yet downloaded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6