How long does a phone reset take?

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just had to reset my 928. Something happened when the outlook shutdown occurred last week and my phone has been unable to login to my live account since. I went back and forth with Microsoft and they finally came back with I need to reset my phone and start fresh. Logging into my Live account with my PC works just fine. Anyway, I went to settings...about and clicked the phone reset button. After going through all of the "Are you sure questions?" my phone shut down and restarted. It has now been on the turning gears screen for almost an hour, which seems excessive. Is this normal? Did I brick my phone?

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I waited until morning and it was still grinding gears, so I did a soft reset (volume-low & unlock) a few times and it finally restarted. I let the phone grab my backup data and continue, but the same issue with my live.com mail happened, so I hard reset (it only took 5 minutes this time) and started completely fresh. Now all my mail works, and I believe I have GDR2 installed (OS version is 8.0.10327.77), but I don't have Amber. I had both before I had to reset.

When I use the update function to check for updates, it doesn't find any available updates. Is there a way to force Amber onto the phone, or do I need to go through the whole setup process again?

Microsoft really needs a better backup solution.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, I waited until morning and it was still grinding gears, so I did a soft reset (volume-low & unlock) a few times and it finally restarted. I let the phone grab my backup data and continue, but the same issue with my live.com mail happened, so I hard reset (it only took 5 minutes this time) and started completely fresh. Now all my mail works, and I believe I have GDR2 installed (OS version is 8.0.10327.77), but I don't have Amber. I had both before I had to reset.

When I use the update function to check for updates, it doesn't find any available updates. Is there a way to force Amber onto the phone, or do I need to go through the whole setup process again?

Microsoft really needs a better backup solution.

Hey, I just went through the process of setting up my replacement phone, and the same thing happened to me in regard to receiving the GDR2 update but not Amber. I followed somebody else's recommendation and it worked well, so here's that recommendation: Download an app called SysApp Pusher, then download the updates for "Extras + Info" and "Display + Touch." After doing that, the Amber features I was missing were all there, and Extras + Info is showing Amber.

Raton Colorado

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
i have the 1020 and it took about ten maybe fifteen minutes so i guess it varies upon how much you had on it. i deleted all my music and app i wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6