Just got a 928 and having some issues

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This could turn into a long rant so i'll make it short lol....I just had my birthday(Yay me for turning 18 lol) and i wanted some financial responsibility and went to best buy to order the 920(while I loved the 1020, in all honesty dropping 300 dollars wasn't a smart move for me since it was rarely ever that i used my 1020 to its full capabilities(hell i barely use my 920 the way it should be used aka low light situations) so it would have been a waste so i returned it and went back to an Old Android phone temporarily until my birthday today and i decided to try and get a 920 with att...Did store pick-up and paid my stuff online. Get to the store and they screwed my order up.

So no 920 for me...

I decided to just get a 928(Since it was free with rebate) from Verizon....I don't really want verizon(they are okay but i like At&t/GSM) and I didn't really want the L928...for some reason it feels bigger than the 920 to me. Anyway I settled for the 928 and got it today.

Went out for my birthday dinner and the camera of course was fantastic.

i just got home to change clothes and get ready to meet friends downtown for MORE pics(Night-time/low light club pics will be spectacular with this phone) and my phone just freezes.

I can launch the camera button and take pics pressing the button but i can't do anything with the touch screen.

I press the Lock/Power button and it shows the lockscreen but i can't pull the screen down or interact with the screen at all...The Windows touch buttons are frozen as well...they just stay on.

It took like 10 mins and multiple tries pressing Volume down and power before it finally reset.

Is this a common occurrence with this phone? I read through google search that this phone has a tendency to do that alot and I wanted to make sure if i need to return it completely or exchange it entirely.

Here's a video showing what i am talking about that i found
Nokia lumia 928 screen / frozen - YouTube

Also another annoyance...for some reason people's text(My boyfriend for example) keep coming in multiple times and my mom said she got a text i sent her like 5 times. I am not sure if this a Lumia 928 thing or a verizon thing(Had verizon with gs3 and droid dna and 8x and never had the text issue either). It's quite annoying. Thank god, i have unlimited text.

Don't get me wrong I like the phone but the touch screen issue i had happened on DAY 1 and i never had that kind of issue on Any windows phone before(and I've owned a Lumia 810, 920 and 1020) so i wonder is this is a one off thing or something i should be concerned with.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The freezing issue happened to me the first time I launched the camera app after the Amber update, but I was able to reset it using Volume Down + Power and it's been 100% fine since. As for the text thing, I'm guessing that it's probably a network thing but I don't really have anything to back that up.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had my screen become unresponsive occasionally, but only for two or three seconds...I've never had to do the soft reset to get it to working again.
The soft reset does take about 10 seconds to trigger now, after GRD2, so that's normal.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I got the 928 10 days ago. Screen has been unresponsive for a few seconds a few times. I had alot of apps open though. Soft reset and 20-30 seconds later, I was back in business.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Going on 2 weeks here with mine. Screen only froze once and it was right after GDR2 update. Soft Reset took care of the issue.
I would think that a Soft Reset should be mandatory after an update of that stature.

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Where you in a hot humid area when the screen touch function stopped? It has happened to me twice, both times when I was in hot/humid environment

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Where you in a hot humid area when the screen touch function stopped? It has happened to me twice, both times when I was in hot/humid environment
If you live in a hot humid area id suggest turning down the touch sensitivity.

I was in a room in north carolina at 9-10 pm...it wasn't that hot or humid(I don't think).
thankfully it hasn't happened since then(he said apprehensively lol).

I do have the touch sensitivity on high. I wonder is that why sometimes the keyboard feels laggy as I type or is that why scrolling is a bit jerky at times. I don't remember this at all with my 920 or 1020(or the 810 and windows phone 8x).
I'm going to exchange it out this weekend though since i am in my 14 days.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I see this issue about once a week, normally happens when I am doing something or a call comes in where the phone does not respond to touch. And no, I am not in a very warm room or anything when it happens.

Other times all internet connections just stop working. It could go for hours before I notice it till I try to manually sync mail or open a web browser....

This phone is really buggy in my eyes... Note: I had a HTC 8X for 4 months before I got the 928, Never saw ANY of these issues with the 8X...infact for the first month of having my 8X I never rebooted it...The 928 at least once or twice a week...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i have never had ANY of the issues you guys describe. Never rebooted the phone once for troubleshooting issues, but im the type of guy to just randomly reboot out of boredom. Same thign with my previous phone (HTC ARRIVE) i cant remember haveing to reboot for any hardware or software issues. maybe i just have good luck with phones... I'm fulling expecting to have problems with my phone now within the hour :p

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm i have never had ANY of the issues you guys describe. Never rebooted the phone once for troubleshooting issues, but im the type of guy to just randomly reboot out of boredom. Same thign with my previous phone (HTC ARRIVE) i cant remember haveing to reboot for any hardware or software issues. maybe i just have good luck with phones... I'm fulling expecting to have problems with my phone now within the hour :p

Never had any problems with my HTC Trophy....accept when deail with custom roms.. :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I see this issue about once a week, normally happens when I am doing something or a call comes in where the phone does not respond to touch. And no, I am not in a very warm room or anything when it happens.

Other times all internet connections just stop working. It could go for hours before I notice it till I try to manually sync mail or open a web browser....

This phone is really buggy in my eyes... Note: I had a HTC 8X for 4 months before I got the 928, Never saw ANY of these issues with the 8X...infact for the first month of having my 8X I never rebooted it...The 928 at least once or twice a week...

This happened earlier. For whatever reason I had no internet connection and couldn't browse wpcentral app or the browser. I had to restart my phone.

This phone certainly seems buggier than any Lumia I own. I'm going to exchange tomorrow for another 928. If HTC better supported their phones, I would get an 8x but ehh no lol. And god knows I don't want an odyssey lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos