Amber Update Missing Pieces

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just activated and set up my husband's Nokia Lumia 928. I've had mine for a couple of weeks and his just arrived. Everything went well, including the Amber update. However, under Display, Glance is missing, and under Display > Touch, "Double tap to wake up phone" is missing. (Maybe other pieces are missing; I know about those two because I wanted to set them up for him.)

I checked the software version plus re-checked for updates and got the message his phone was up to date.

Thoughts? I can call Nolia tomorrow, but wondered if others had missing "pieces," and if doing a hard re-set is the way to go. Thanks in advance.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Download SysApp Pusher from the Store and check for display+touch system setting in the app (SAP - SysApp Pusher).

Did that do the trick?

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it on my phone (and will on my husband's when he returns in a bit), and noticed "Version is unknown" is displayed on every item. When I tap any item, an update date and version number is listed. Am I just using this app to compare version numbers? Thanks, index1366.

Edit: I see that for some, you can only "share," but going down the list I found a couple others where there was an "install" choice. So I'll hope/assume that will take care of it. Thanks.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. The app is used to force update the system apps from various vendors, HTC, Nokia and Samsung. Pull up the three dots and check versions. It'll check versions and display a green dot on the apps which need updates. Some people get those updates for these system apps a few days after the update,and others don't. I think that's why this app was created.

I don't really know if they're really semi common, but some of you people experience this problem and aren't familiar with this way of updating.

I had to update these settings via this app too, and it doesn't harm to check for apps from time to time. I recommend to check for every single system app.

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome. The app is used to force update the system apps from various vendors, HTC, Nokia and Samsung. Pull up the three dots and check versions. It'll check versions and display a green dot on the apps which need updates. Some people get those updates for these system apps a few days after the update,and others don't. I think that's why this app was created.

I don't really know if they're really semi common, but some of you people experience this problem and aren't familiar with this way of updating.

I had to update these settings via this app too, and it doesn't harm to check for apps from time to time. I recommend to check for every single system app.

That happens to be what I'm doing right now. : ) What determines what's listed on SysApp Pusher?

There are some apps on the SysApp Pusher list that don't appear on the long list to the right of the home screen; I don't recognize them or don't know where they're located). And conversely, there are other apps I do have that are not on the SysApp Pusher list.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The developer puts the applications in the app, and it's regularly updated, so you don't have to worry about being "forgotten" or outdated.

The apps that are on the list in the app, but not on your phones' list are maybe not installed on the phone, try to open them and see whether they are available to download or not.
Could you write which apps you have on your phone, but aren't on the SysApp Pusher list? I suppose they're just some globally available apps, but if they're Nokia-exclusive apps, I wouldn't have a clue what's going on...

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You're right; some apps on SysApp list that aren't on the phone aren't available on the Lumia 928 - you get a message saying that if you try to install. Some are available but I don't want them. And just as an example, a couple of apps that I have that aren't on the SysApp list are Recorder and The Weather Channel, globally available.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
These apps for which you get the notification, that they aren't available for Lumia 928, are apps from other OEMs, like HTC and Samsung, they can be installed although with another procedure, which is explained in another topic on these forums.

SAP is just for OEM specific apps, it isn't for updating other apps, like those, which are available globally to every Windows Phone user (your specified Recorder and The Weather Channel).

bjeans

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's what I was saying - agreeing they were global or not 928-specific.

I wonder why not all elements of the Amber update loaded. I found other missing pieces once I started comparing our two phones. And someone posted the same thing on another board.

Marcus Hartung

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Great fix! App pusher resolves this issue. This was wrecking my head and that's spot on. Ignore the fact that it says "Version unknown", just click the link and it takes you to the store. Most likely when the feature your looking for is missing, there's an "update" option. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion