Nokia Warranty / Repair turn-around time?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone sent their phone in to Nokia for warranty repair? I'm thinking about doing it but wondered how long it takes based on other experiences. I don't look forward to being phoneless for a week or more.

My 928's external speaker is terrible. It used to be fine, but now it's so distorted at higher volumes that I just keep the sound turned off. It's almost like the speaker was blown somehow.

I'm assuming this would fall under warranty, as it wasn't due to any damage on my part that I'm aware of, it seems to be a manufacturer defect.

jabels57

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I sent my phone a week ago (it thought there were headphones connected) being delivered tomorrow. not too bad as it was a bank holiday, (from the UK).

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone sent their phone in to Nokia for warranty repair? I'm thinking about doing it but wondered how long it takes based on other experiences. I don't look forward to being phoneless for a week or more.
My 928's external speaker is terrible. It used to be fine, but now it's so distorted at higher volumes that I just keep the sound turned off. It's almost like the speaker was blown somehow.
I'm assuming this would fall under warranty, as it wasn't due to any damage on my part that I'm aware of, it seems to be a manufacturer defect.
It probably just needs recalibrated. You can use Nokia Care Suite to try that and see if that will remedy the issue. I don't remember what its exactly called, but I think its the IFV?

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine took 12 days, but they returned my phone saying it passed all tests... but it is still not working correctly.

... ohh and almost forgot. I've been waiting over 4 weeks for them to contact me back about my issues. Have fun with that.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine took 12 days, but they returned my phone saying it passed all tests... but it is still not working correctly.

... ohh and almost forgot. I've been waiting over 4 weeks for them to contact me back about my issues. Have fun with that.

that sucks, thanks for the heads up. What issue are you having that they didn't fix?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
When mine has been sent in I've had amazing service and only been without my phone for about 5 working days.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
that sucks, thanks for the heads up. What issue are you having that they didn't fix?

Having sound issues. Sounds go out after connecting to bluetooth devices. Have to reboot to get sound to come back. So basically I have to reboot my phone about 12 - 16 times a day.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've replaced my Lumia 928 a few times now, but I've gone through Verizon each time to get a replacement rather than going through Nokia to get it repaired. Going through Verizon, they ship you out the replacement phone (usually gets to you in a few days), then you just have to ship them back your defective 928, and they include a pre-paid shipping label. So no downtime and it is free as long as you have not damaged your phone.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've replaced my Lumia 928 a few times now, but I've gone through Verizon each time to get a replacement rather than going through Nokia to get it repaired. Going through Verizon, they ship you out the replacement phone (usually gets to you in a few days), then you just have to ship them back your defective 928, and they include a pre-paid shipping label. So no downtime and it is free as long as you have not damaged your phone.

Did you get yours from Verizon? I got mine through Newegg. I figured Verizon wouldn't do anything for me as I purchased it elsewhere.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine have been in for service 2 times, its on its third run now and they nearly fixed my issues. Each time its taken around 2 weeks.
The service have gone through the carrier (as is the way to go in Sweden) 3 and they created more issues then solving. But third times the charm right?
Here we get a cheap Samsung Android device as a replacement phone (lucky me I have a working stabile L800).

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you get yours from Verizon? I got mine through Newegg. I figured Verizon wouldn't do anything for me as I purchased it elsewhere.

I did get my phone from Verizon, but it might still work for you as well. I'm not sure if Verizon provides this service because of my contract with them or because I purchased the phone from them, but it's probably still worth it to you to ask.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I installed it. I'm not sure how to use it.

I found the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 application and opened it up. It detected my phone.

Then I go to File -> Open Product and selected RM-860 (Lumia 928).

The "Tests" option becomes available. However, all of the tests say "Product Disconnected" and won't let me click any of the buttons, etc. The IHF application, however, just gives me an error message and shuts down.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
You might have to manually install the drivers. They are in the drivers folder to wherever it was installed. If not, I'll have to check where I had got the drivers.

Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went into Verizon today and they ordered me a replacement device with no hassles. I hate to lose all my data and start over, but it'll be nice to have a working speaker again. And maybe I'll get one with a clean Windows button. Quick shipping, it'll be here Wednesday.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I sent my phone in on 11/12/2013 .. someone signed for it on 11/14/2013 .. The Nokia rep on the phone tells me that "repair" didn't receive the phone until 11/20/2013 and can't explain where the phone sat for 6 days. They tell me it will take 7 -10 business days to complete the repair. I think I will go back to my iPhone where I can just walk it into an Apple store and either get it repaired or replaced in an hour or so. This is just crazy.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine through VZW, as I do all my phones and anytime I have warranty issue I through VZW. I know I wouldn't lime to be with out a pho e for a week or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb