928 Warranty Question

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought my phone used off swappa in pretty much mint condition the phone worked fine when I first got it but now the earpiece went out on it which I see is a common problem with the phone.

How do I go about getting another device? Years ago when I purchased phones on eBay I was able to take them to Verizon and they swapped em out under the one year warranty. Is this still possible?

Or do I have to go directly thru Nokia now any one have any experience going thru Nokia for warranty how foes that whole process work?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.

Don't the verizon guys keep a record of who purchased the phone usine IMEI if the phone is on a contract?
Am not sure how things work in USA and specially verizon.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Did the swappa seller give you any warranty papers?

no warranty papers but I wouldn't think u would need all that since the phone just came out. If I told Verizon I paid full retail for it all that shouldn't matter

QUOTE=hopmedic;2107821]Given that the phone has only been out since May, they don't even need to look anything up to know that it is within warranty. Therefore, I'd just walk into Verizon and tell them what the problem is, without mentioning where you got it. The warranty is from the OEM, so it should be good, IMO. Of course, that's without reading the fine print, but common sense. If Verizon doesn't cover it, then I'd go to Nokia.[/QUOTE]

that's pretty much what I was thinking or it shouldn't be a issue I wouldn't think I know I've swapped before years ago

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Unless the warranty expressly says "original purchaser only" you're covered. I haven't looked it up. It shouldn't be a big deal to Verizon, IMO (I've never used warranty there, though), because it's not going to be money out of their pockets. It's going to be Nokia replacing the phone. But even bigger is that they want you to be happy as a customer of theirs, and since most people are going to associate negative service with the carrier, it just makes good business sense to me for them to do the swap.

Now I could be wrong, and they could be complete dolts about it, but I'm going to hope for you that I'm not. :wink:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got mine through newegg.com and had no problem getting mine replaced. I haven't gotten phones since 2008 from the retail stores. Either Costco, sams' club or WalMart, newegg.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I got mine through newegg.com and had no problem getting mine replaced. I haven't gotten phones since 2008 from the retail stores. Either Costco, sams' club or WalMart, newegg.

that's weird they never asked where u got ur phones from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss