Sim unlock

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Is this something I have to call the provider for to use another closer network? I'm on extended network since I'm about 9 miles from the nearest cell tower, I'm in a hole in the mountains.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones have their GSM radios unlocked out of the box so unless you're trying to use it on Sprint or another CDMA carrier just pop in the sim and go

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
If you want to use it on T-Mobile or AT&T with full MMS, you need to copy all the APN settings to a new APN profile in Access Point, then apply them. However, if you do this and go back to Verizon, it messes with the Verizon APN settings (as Verizon doesn't have a Access Point profile), so you have to reset the phone to get Verizon LTE going again.

Source: I've spent a lot of time playing with my 928 on VZW, AT&T and T-Mobile.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, its just weird that my wife's and son's androids both can send and receive multimedia text and I can't, and we're on the same network, Verizon.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, its just weird that my wife's and son's androids both can send and receive multimedia text and I can't, and we're on the same network, Verizon.
What Verizon network is your phone seeing (and similarly, what network are theirs)? I'd suggest calling Verizon as it might be something they can try to reset on the backend

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What Verizon network is your phone seeing (and similarly, what network are theirs)? I'd suggest calling Verizon as it might be something they can try to reset on the backend

I've already called but was gonna get a call back after the update to see if it resolved the issue. Nothing different on my account setting from my previous 920. Because we're in a basin in the mountains is a factor I know.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with mms not working and, once I did a reset, it works flawlessly now. Not ideal, but if you can, give that a shot

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I've done countless, and its only happened once. If it ever happens again, you can fix it in Nokia Care Suite (there is a thread in the forums on how to fix a bricked 920, use the same instructions)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3