Does the 'block number' feature even work?

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting a lot of calls from some random number which I don't answer. I finally blocked it through the phone, but am still getting calls.

I then blocked my girlfriends number and had her call but it also still came through, does it only block you from calling, not the other way around?

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There's an issue with it if your carrier is Verizon. They actually have a service that you need to purchase if you want to block more then 5 numbers. Assumption is, they(VZW) most likely is causing the filter not to work properly.
You can pop any other SIM in it and it works fine.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually I have found it works fine and I have blocked more than five numbers on a standard VZW account. The only quirk I have encountered is if I am on a call and a blocked number dials me, call waiting will beep at me but not give an option to answer or ignore.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually I have found it works fine and I have blocked more than five numbers on a standard VZW account. The only quirk I have encountered is if I am on a call and a blocked number dials me, call waiting will beep at me but not give an option to answer or ignore.
So you have put numbers in the call+SMS filter(image below) on the Lumia 928 and it is working(it's blocking SMS AND calls)? And you haven't added the numbers to block on your Verizon account?
call+SMS_filter928.jpg

Hmm, that's good! And odd at the same time, also the first I've seen someone say it's working for them. I wonder what's different?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
1020 user. The setting is great to have, and should block incoming calls and SMS. If the caller leaves a voicemail, you will have a chance to hear it.

SMS that is blocked goes into its own inbox. It has become very invaluable.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks 1020 user, but this is a specific problem related to Verizon (928/822). The messed up thing is that if you use the phone on a GSM network the feature works.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
On Nokia Lumia 822, but it works completely,I'm not on Verizon, I'm on Wal-Mart's Family mobile(T-Mobile), and I'm pretty sure after they fix problem we will be the ones who can't block calls because they give non Verizon users problems.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928 on Verizon here. I have more than 5 calls on block list - I went over 5 last night to test - and it's working.
Haven't fully tested this on a load, but it hasn't failed me once yet.
Also think I need to do more testing, but reporting what I've observed so far.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you are using the app? The call+SMS blocking is an app, and separate from the Verizon blocking that they charge for (if you want more than 5)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05