Is it a bit late to jump on a 928?

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

my contract with my lowly Trophy is finally up, and I'm ready to jump up to wp8. Finally!

But...

Are we right at a point where something new will be hitting a week after I buy? Should I wait or go for it?

Your input is most appreciated!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My cousin just told me he's buying one tomorrow. It's an awesome phone, I'll probably sell mine for whatever's next though.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

my contract with my lowly Trophy is finally up, and I'm ready to jump up to wp8. Finally!

But...

Are we right at a point where something new will be hitting a week after I buy? Should I wait or go for it?

Your input is most appreciated!

Apparently Nokia has a lot in the pipeline and is expecting to announce a new device every other month. If you wanted to, you could always buy a L520 off contract and wait it out (not saying you should).

The L928 is certainly also a good device. If it appeals to you nothing wrong with that either. The 928's best days are still ahead of it. It will reach its prime with WP8.1, expected for Q1 next year.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
928 is great id suggest it if ur on unlimited data like me get it full retail or off eBay there's always new phones around the corner if u wait ull be waiting forever. I got the 928 because most of the new phones go to att first anyway.

I got mines off swappa if they announce new phones soon I can always sell mines and use the money towards a newer one

Sent from my Nokia 928 using Tapatalk

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a trophy the 928 is well worth it. That doesn't mean there won't be better devices coming out in the next few months, but the 928 should be solid for a couple of years.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I see that it's "free" now, too, with a new contract... that's one heck of a motivator!

Now to just get the free time to get to a store ;)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you are going to stay on Verizon, the only thing I can think of is what's coming out next... I think Nokia is gonna reveal the 6" Bandit pretty soon. Probably not on Verizon but you never know... that and maybe the red 928.. that looks cool.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
And if you're not in a hurry, and photography is important to you, I'm going to guess that in about 4-5 months we'll get the 102x. Since the camera is the only thing the 1020 has over the 928, if photography isn't that big a deal (and the 928 has a great camera - don't get me wrong), go with the 928 - and it's sounding like the red one will come soon, too. Yes, the 1020 has an extra gig of RAM, but that's for the camera, and really doesn't affect performance, since the 928 is performant already (I still don't believe that is even a word, but everyone keeps using it as if it were one).

So there's my recommendation - if you are a photog, or photography is important, wait (maybe do as someone else suggested and get a cheaper off-contract phone in the meantime), and get the 102x. If not, go with 928.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I see that it's "free" now, too, with a new contract... that's one heck of a motivator!

Now to just get the free time to get to a store ;)

Yeah, my sister just texted me asking about a new phone. She commented to me she could get the 928 for free. I suggested she try my retired 822 and see if she likes it first. She will be coming off an iPhone :shocked:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99