The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I have a Nokia Lumia 928 and all of a sudden the sound through headphones is playing MUCH louder through the right side. I have used two different types of headphones (my in-ear Beats and my over-ear Beats) and they are both experiencing the problem AND I've used the headphones on my Surface tablet and both of the headphones work fine through there.

I have never experienced this problem before and I saw online that people were having a problem with sound only playing through ONE headphone on the 920, but I have sound coming from both....its just a lot louder on the right side. I tried resetting my phone multiple times and I'm really starting to get aggravated. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    09-04-2013 07:27 AM
    That's really odd. i would hard reset your phone. It maybe an application causing it.
    Last edited by palandri; 09-04-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added
    09-04-2013 08:35 AM
    Since you're reset your phone multiple times, is that hard reset or soft resets? Like Palandri said it could be some app causing a problem. If this doesn't fix it definitely take it into a Nokia Care store or wherever you bought the phone before sending it into Nokia to get fixed or replaced.
    09-04-2013 08:40 AM
    My phone is doing this too. This is more recently and it doesn't do it all the time but once it starts, it is a while before it stops doing it. I have tested all the other equipment and it is the certainly the phone doing this. As said, sometimes it sounds great and I can plug it into my cars AUX and I love it and other times I just want to throw this phone out the window.

What sort of app could cause this? Is a hard reset holding down the power and down button? I tried that many times and over and over just when suddenly it wants to work again.
    09-29-2014 11:07 AM
    It's not a software issue it's a hardware issue. You have to clean out the headphone jack. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. After playing around I figured I'd slide a small q-tip in that had a small amount of alcohol on it with the phone off (wring it out so it's not sopping wet). This fixed the problem for me. I got a ton of dirt out and the problem only comes back after a few months when the jack gets dirty again.
    10-03-2014 05:16 PM
    Yup, I had sent mine in for no audio out of the right side. I received it back saying it wasn't covered because the problem was corrosion. I called BS and tried cleaning it myself, like a magician pulling a hankie from his sleeve I kept getting more and more lint out of the jack, it just kept coming out. Of course the jack works fine and when I updated Nokia on the issue they magically changed their story to "your device was out of warranty" even though when I originally spoke to them they assured me it was covered.
    10-08-2014 12:00 PM
    Well the sound went out again and this time cleaning it has no effect...looks like I'll be shopping for an icon on Craigslist.
    10-09-2014 02:47 PM
    My 928 just started doing this as well. Haven't tried cleaning it yet. Tried soft resetting a number of times but that didn't help. I noticed it the first time I tried Spotify but I couldn't say if that had anything to do with it as now all music apps are affected by it.
    10-20-2014 12:32 PM
    The same issue on my Lumia 1320
    10-20-2014 12:44 PM
    Fixed by hard reset
    10-22-2014 11:50 AM
    I has that problem and it was the headphones that not work properly
    10-27-2014 09:10 PM
    It's not a software issue it's a hardware issue. You have to clean out the headphone jack. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. After playing around I figured I'd slide a small q-tip in that had a small amount of alcohol on it with the phone off (wring it out so it's not sopping wet). This fixed the problem for me. I got a ton of dirt out and the problem only comes back after a few months when the jack gets dirty again.
    So, I have not tried this yet. I did try a hard reset and that worked for a little while until it came back. I just tried a hard reset again and that didn't work this time.
    11-16-2014 12:05 PM
    Mine too the the issue came back and a second hard reset did not fix it. :(
    11-16-2014 12:06 PM