10-05-2013 03:07 PM
71 123
tools
    Hmmm.... I got $40 left, I can't find anything I want to buy right now (I have halo, Modern Combat, batman, Spiderman, etc). I even upgraded all my apps that were free versions with ads that I could (Weave came to mind, as I used that every day)if I use them.

It does show nothing will expire in my account at billing.microsoft.com and nothing is pending to expire. Microsoft would put there that they funds are to expire but, they don't.

To those saying SUPPORT THE DEVS, I did and always do, I had a $75 credit and I used the rest of it to buy a BUNCH of apps.

Unless something jumps out to me in the next week, OR they open a way to use these credits on Windows 8 to buy apps, I guess I will let it roll and take a risk... I could always use it on the xbox...(as I can see my total amount available when looking to buy a Xbox game).

I will take a screenshot of it, Just incase.
    09-21-2013 09:43 AM
    Hmmm.... I got $40 left, I can't find anything I want to buy right now (I have halo, Modern Combat, batman, Spiderman, etc). I even upgraded all my apps that were free versions with ads that I could (Weave came to mind, as I used that every day)if I use them.

It does show nothing will expire in my account at billing.microsoft.com and nothing is pending to expire. Microsoft would put there that they funds are to expire but, they don't.

To those saying SUPPORT THE DEVS, I did and always do, I had a $75 credit and I used the rest of it to buy a BUNCH of apps.

Unless something jumps out to me in the next week, OR they open a way to use these credits on Windows 8 to buy apps, I guess I will let it roll and take a risk... I could always use it on the xbox...(as I can see my total amount available when looking to buy a Xbox game).

I will take a screenshot of it, Just incase.
    People here keep insinuating that they have used this credit to buy Windows 8/RT apps or Xbox 360 games. I have yet to see how this is possible, though. If you've done it, how do you do it? Because when I check out from the Windows 8 store, the only payment option is my credit card.
    09-21-2013 12:23 PM
    You can't use it on windows 8/rt, or on Xbox.com because they haven't updated the payment options yet. U can only use it on the phone, or via the xbox360 dashboard (if you have the newest update.)
    09-22-2013 08:31 AM
    So how many of you are rolling the dice and holding onto the funds? I'm still torn. I think I'll buy a few more games I'm kind of interested in, and then let the remaining balance ride.
    09-22-2013 02:13 PM
    Im going to let it ride, since the funds when i buy apps are not even coming out of the money i got from the promotion, and are coming out of the funds that are set to expire next year. I'm not the worried about it at all.
    09-22-2013 04:16 PM
    So how many of you are rolling the dice and holding onto the funds? I'm still torn. I think I'll buy a few more games I'm kind of interested in, and then let the remaining balance ride.
    Yea, I would love to be able to use it to buy an app or 2 from the Windows 8 store. The only place you can use them is Xbox or Windows phone. I tried to see if I could change the account on Widows 8 and Windows 8.1, and it only gives options for credit cards.

I might just grab some easy achievement options, for the heck of it but, otherwise, just waiting to see if they do expire or not.
    09-22-2013 04:57 PM
    Here's what I got back today:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately our records do not indicate you qualified for and claimed the $25 Windows Phone apps credit offer within the timeframe allotted in the Official Rules.

In addition, per the Official Rules you are no longer eligible for this offer, as this promotion ended on July, 7 2013. Please refer to sections 2 and 3 of the Official Rules below for further questions. Thank you for your understanding!

2. Timing: Giveaway begins on May 16, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 7, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Giveaway Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.

3. How to Receive Offer: From May 16, 2013 through June 23, 2013, purchase a Nokia Lumia 928 phone and visit Window Phone App Redemption. Then log-in to your Microsoft account that you set up after purchasing your phone (any time between May 16, 2013 and July 7, 2013).

Sincerely,
    ePrize Customer Service
    09-23-2013 12:00 PM
    I got an email from Microsoft that says it expires on the 28th not 29th. I just spent all but $0.04. I purchased EVERY angry birds lol. I wish there were more like geoDefense and geoDefense swarm those games are awesome.
    yep, I got that same automated email telling me that the funds will expire on the 28th. I still had around $12 left of the original $25 credit so, last night I went on a shopping spree looking for any games and/or other apps that I had the trial versions of but wanted to upgrade to the full/paid version or any other apps/games out there that I had thought about buying before but, had never got around to it. In the end I got my balance down to 19 cents and, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchases (the kids are going to be pretty thrilled too the next time they are allowed to play with my 928 and they see what has been added to the Kids Corner).

my interpretation is that the $25 credit is definitely going away in a few days so, I wanted to use as much up as I could before that happened. If it doesn't go away then I'll still be fine with my purchases since, in the end, they didn't actually cost ME anything. So, make your own choice about what you want to believe is going to happen on the 28th/29th and just be prepared to live with the results, whatever they may be.
    09-26-2013 12:05 PM
    Well ive bought a few more apps, and the funds again were not taken out of the money i got from the promotion. each and every time they were taken out of the funds that were converted from MS points that expire on 6/1/2015. If my credit expires im going to be very upset, because if that's true i will have to spend $70 before i even hit my Lumia funds.

I believe that the funds will expire if you havent gone through the process via the xbox 360 to transfer your MS points into M$ cash. I think they will NOT expire if you have gone through the transfer. I guess we will find out in a few days.
    09-26-2013 02:54 PM
    Well ive bought a few more apps, and the funds again were not taken out of the money i got from the promotion. each and every time they were taken out of the funds that were converted from MS points that expire on 6/1/2015. If my credit expires im going to be very upset, because if that's true i will have to spend $70 before i even hit my Lumia funds.

I believe that the funds will expire if you havent gone through the process via the xbox 360 to transfer your MS points into M$ cash. I think they will NOT expire if you have gone through the transfer. I guess we will find out in a few days.
    Yea, I saw your post last night and this morning I tried this. I have the 928 credit and my Xbox points credit listing in billing.microsoft.com, I checked it this morning to see the amouts, I ordered UNO (cheap easy achievements) from the marketplace. This took it from my Xbox points credit..Not from my 928 credit..

I took a screen shot, these points better not expire or I will be on the phone yelling at Microsoft to give me the funds back, as they didn't take the it from where it should.

I guess in 2 more days we should know for sure...
    09-27-2013 10:24 AM
    I contacted Microsoft billing and they said we wouldn't lose the money. Keep in mind this was just a guy on the phone who may not have a single clue about how this works. I may buy some things and save the rest just to see.

Now what apps should be bought?
    09-28-2013 12:32 PM
    Hey does anybody know how to enable partial payments? I want to buy NBA Jam, which costs 2.99 + tax, but I only have 2.76 left. With gift cards I've used in the past, if the credit is insufficient to cover the purchase, whatever credit there is is deducted from the total and then you can choose another method (credit/debit card) to pay the remaining balance, but I don't see that option. I logged onto the website as well and it's the same deal, the entire amount can only be charged to one payment method.

Any workarounds would be appreciated if anybody knows of any.
    09-28-2013 01:37 PM
    Just got off the phone with Microsoft support and was told partial payments can't be made at this time. They will be enabled in the future after they're done completely changing payments over to local currencies from Microsoft points.

In my account, it shows the credit is set to expire in December, so I explained the situation about the promotion, and was told that if they do expire tonight/tomorrow they will not be able to reimburse me for the credit.

I'll just use it towards an in-app purchase today. I'd rather do that then see it go to waste.
    coip likes this.
    09-28-2013 03:03 PM
    Well if they were to expire the 28th, then it isnt working right for them, because I used $4 of the promo last night thinking it was the cut off night. I still have $6 to go. I wish you could buy music with it though.
    09-30-2013 08:57 AM
    Looks like the money did not expire, although I cannot say for sure since I haven't tried to use them maybe I'll get an error message if I actually try to use them, but in my wallet app I still have my remaining balance, as does my wife. If we log into billing.micosoft.com it also shows the funds with an expiration date of 'none'. My guess is that in Microsoft's transition away from MS points, they pretty much lost track of where all our previous balances were coming from and this promotion got lost in the fray. If I buy a new app soon using the funds, I'll keep you updated here to let you know if the funds are still valid, but it sure looks like they will be.
    09-30-2013 01:59 PM
    Yeah, my wife had $7ish left this am when I shared with her a link to ColorEye, a $4.49 app that I heard about this am during my morning commute listening to The Windows Developer Show. She bought it. And this is a woman who hates buying apps. Go figure. Her husband is a developer, and she won't buy apps.
    badnews-banghead.gif
    10-01-2013 08:59 AM
    I still have $28 (I had to exchange my first phone, so I had $50.) My Microsoft account says "none" under expiration for the funds.
    10-01-2013 04:27 PM
    I burned through my $75 (four 928s) LONG ago. LOL
    10-02-2013 02:22 PM
    Wouldnt that be $100? :P
    10-02-2013 04:34 PM
    Wouldnt that be $100? :P
    Yeah, but I put $25 of it on my wife's account.
    10-03-2013 08:37 AM
    I checked today, I still have my $40 and we passed the expire date, so we should be good !
    10-05-2013 03:07 PM
71 123