Sigh...More Annoyances from my Lumia 928

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issues, went through 4 928s with the various problems. Finally decided to give up on it and switched to a NL925 on T-Mobile.
how is your 925 working for you? I was concerned about getting one because I read about the blue screen of death happening to some people and their lumias.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting pretty pissed at my L928. I'm on my 3rd one because the ear piece keeps going in and out during calls. I will be talking to someone and holding perfectly still with 3 bars on LTE and it's like my sound from them drops but then it comes back. If I'm on speaker it works just fine but the sound out of the ear piece goes in and out. I even factory reset it and didn't restore from back up. I'm going to call them again Monday I'm hoping they'll either A. actually fix it. or B. give me a new 1528 (or whatever there variant will be called.) But I'm not really thinking B will be an option.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just curious but how much do you have stored on the device? Music, pictures and how many email accts and folders synced and if so a lot of emails?

Have you tried a factory reset and testing it for a day without everything installed/set up?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting pretty pissed at my L928. I'm on my 3rd one because the ear piece keeps going in and out during calls. I will be talking to someone and holding perfectly still with 3 bars on LTE and it's like my sound from them drops but then it comes back. If I'm on speaker it works just fine but the sound out of the ear piece goes in and out. I even factory reset it and didn't restore from back up. I'm going to call them again Monday I'm hoping they'll either A. actually fix it. or B. give me a new 1528 (or whatever there variant will be called.) But I'm not really thinking B will be an option.

Yeah iI'mholding out until later this month. I'm going to etf out and sell my 928 and then go back to att.

I'm thinking of going back to my 1020 or get a 925. I was going to wait for the 1520/1528, but I refuse to wait till November to get a new phone. Besides I would rather have 41 megapixel vs a big screen.

Of course seeing how well my friend is taken care of at the Apple store, It makes me wonder am I making a wrong Choice with the Lumia.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just curious but how much do you have stored on the device? Music, pictures and how many email accts and folders synced and if so a lot of emails?

Have you tried a factory reset and testing it for a day without everything installed/set up?
I did the factory reset and for the time being it is acting fine. Of course this wouldn't be the first time I had done a factory reset and it worked for a short time.

As of now I don't have any emails or folders added yet

I had 6 total email accounts but only 3 of them were set to sync automatically for push.

For music I had about 2 GB and pictures about less than 1 GB.

I believe before I factory reset, I had 17 GB remaining.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course seeing how well my friend is taken care of at the Apple store, It makes me wonder am I making a wrong Choice with the Lumia.

If you're strictly going by customer service then Apple is the only choice. They are 2nd to none. There's more to a device than the customer service behind it, but that is very important as well.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're strictly going by customer service then Apple is the only choice. They are 2nd to none. There's more to a device than the customer service behind it, but that is very important as well.
don't get me wrong. I do love windows phone os. Having used android for so long and winding up hating it(I am glad that if I ever had to go low end we have wonderful phones like the 520/521 & 620) and trying the iPhone and hating it, I found a perfect os for me in Windows Phone.

I can live without the apps not coming to my phone like they do the big two and I can live with the os not having certain features because I absolutely love the OS for what it is.

I just despise the fact it seems I have to actually choose a nice software I like over quality hardware and excellent customer service to have it.
My experience at the Verizon store was just abysmal.

But I am not ready to give up on the OS just yet and for the time being it does work fine now since the factory reset so I am hoping all is well.

This is the one downside to Nokia being the only major player really to windows phone. I love their cameras and their support but going to HTC or Samsung windows phones will be a big step down, imo.

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
520 would be an excellent choice what do you need more in a phone !! Call quality?? One word PERFECT. WiFi issues None. Gaming good enough (temple run and asphalt 7 running beautifully) rarely lags, do not see the loading screen alot, one of the best screens In this price range if not the best, music and photos and videos are practically unlimited (SD card up to 64 GB) all this and its for like a 100$ of contract. What not to love about it !!!

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
520 would be an excellent choice what do you need more in a phone !! Call quality?? One word PERFECT. WiFi issues None. Gaming good enough (temple run and asphalt 7 running beautifully) rarely lags, do not see the loading screen alot, one of the best screens In this price range if not the best, music and photos and videos are practically unlimited (SD card up to 64 GB) all this and its for like a 100$ of contract. What not to love about it !!!

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
Lol iIke taking photos so I could never be really happy with the 520 :)

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Aren't we WP users funny people? If we were on our 6th iPhone or Android we'd say "What pieces of garbage! I'm never touching an iPhone or Android phone again!" But yet with a WP we just say we got a bad device and get it replaced and keep loving it...
No doubt about it, this is my last dance with WP. The Surface 2 is a must have for me, but WP is dead!

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
No doubt about it, this is my last dance with WP. The Surface 2 is a must have for me, but WP is dead!

Sadly, I agree. I've made my living off of MS products but simple things that should work just don't with WP. Unless things like the Me tile updates and Smart DJ get fixed soon, I'm jumping ship.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got rid of my 928, and replaced it with a Droid DNA. I loved the Windows operating system, and the camera was awesome. It just seemed like the phone had to many quirks. I got the frozen screen, had problems with the phone dropping calls, and also had the phone brick while doing a reset. I figure I will stick with android for the rest of this contract run, and then take another look at a Windows phone when I am up for a new phone. Hopefully by then, they will have some of these bugs worked out, and get some of the missing apps on their system.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
My *only* complaint with my L928 is the call voice problem. But I'm starting to wonder if it's a few possible things:

1. I didn't notice this problem until after GDR2 update
  2. I didn't notice this until after I got an Incipio case. I've noticed if I take the case off before answering, I can take the call with no problem. Something with the light sensor?
  3. I've noticed my top right corner of the screen is starting to lift from the bezel. Maybe that has somethign to do with it?

I'm a bit apprehensive of getting a replacement because I've heard they are refurbished phones and who knows what could be wrong with it. I've also heard of some saying their replacements had scratches and dings. Total BS.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My *only* complaint with my L928 is the call voice problem. But I'm starting to wonder if it's a few possible things:

1. I didn't notice this problem until after GDR2 update
  2. I didn't notice this until after I got an Incipio case. I've noticed if I take the case off before answering, I can take the call with no problem. Something with the light sensor?
  3. I've noticed my top right corner of the screen is starting to lift from the bezel. Maybe that has somethign to do with it?

I'm a bit apprehensive of getting a replacement because I've heard they are refurbished phones and who knows what could be wrong with it. I've also heard of some saying their replacements had scratches and dings. Total BS.

Replacement device depends on which insurance you have. Or, actually, maybe insurance doesn't even matter if you bought the phone at a Microsoft Store - I'm not sure. I know that when I broke my screen, and used my MS Insurance, I walked in, handed them $50 and they handed me a new phone. In the box. Also, a week and a half after I'd bought the first one, and there was a problem with the camera button, I walked in, handed them the old phone, they handed me a new phone. In the box. So since the separation of the screen sounds like it could be a warranty issue, if you bought from MS, I would expect similar service. I don't recall ever replacing a phone before at Verizon, so I can't speak to that.

On the screen separation... Question - how tight and how difficult is it to remove the Incipio case. If it's the Feather, then I've used one of those before, on my old 822, so I'm familiar with that. But is it one of the other models? The reason I ask is that as tight as the Poetic Atmosphere is that I'm using, it wouldn't surprise me if repeated removal started causing problems, but I'm thinking that probably isn't the case with the Incipio. Just a thought.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
On the screen separation... Question - how tight and how difficult is it to remove the Incipio case. If it's the Feather, then I've used one of those before, on my old 822, so I'm familiar with that. But is it one of the other models? The reason I ask is that as tight as the Poetic Atmosphere is that I'm using, it wouldn't surprise me if repeated removal started causing problems, but I'm thinking that probably isn't the case with the Incipio. Just a thought.

I have the Incipio Feather. It's not that difficult to remove. And when I do remove it, I do so from the opposite corner. Which, physics wise, since the case grabs onto the bezel, it seems that it would pull the left top corner as that's the corner I remove from, and not the right top corner that appears to be loose. But I could be wrong. But I only noticed this call volume problem sometime around the GDR2 update and me getting this case. I was assuming it was the case because if I removed the case, I was able to hear - even mid conversation. But even with the case removed, I've had a few times where if I'm holding the phone a certain way, I'll have the same issue (insert famous Steve Jobs "you're holding it wrong" comment here). So maybe it's a sensor problem?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know a few people on T-Mobile and both coverage and call quality seem to be pretty bad. So that's not the fault of the phone.

That said, I think Nokia is making a huge mistake by releasing an absurdly huge range of phones and then following those up with countless variants. It's got to be a bit contributing factor in why problems keep cropping up. They reinvent the wheel with each subsequent version; they fix one problem and introduce two others. Why can't they just slow down a bit and take their time to refine each model? Why can't they commit to a yearly cycle instead of pumping out yet another model 3 months down the road? I really hope Microsoft addresses this particular problem.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Incipio Feather. It's not that difficult to remove. And when I do remove it, I do so from the opposite corner. Which, physics wise, since the case grabs onto the bezel, it seems that it would pull the left top corner as that's the corner I remove from, and not the right top corner that appears to be loose. But I could be wrong. But I only noticed this call volume problem sometime around the GDR2 update and me getting this case. I was assuming it was the case because if I removed the case, I was able to hear - even mid conversation. But even with the case removed, I've had a few times where if I'm holding the phone a certain way, I'll have the same issue (insert famous Steve Jobs "you're holding it wrong" comment here). So maybe it's a sensor problem?
AFAIK there isn't any sensor that would affect volume. Sounds like a loose connection if you ask me. Of course, you could resolve a loose connection by holding it right. :wink:

Calvin Cooper1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
But the latest issue is phantom touches...this happened twice in the past 24 hours.
The phone will just randomly start doing things on it's own...scrolling to the app list, launching various tiles, etc etc.
I can lock it and then it'll unlock and do it again.

Mine has been doing this as well. Scrolling, opening apps, it actually screwed up several entries on my calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb