YouTube Issues

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't get YouTube videos to play on my phone from any source, app or web. I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed, before, but my search skills aren't yielding me any answers.

Is this the current state of affairs between MS and Google? Is there a solution? I considered doing a hard reset, but don't really want to go through that unless it has a high chance of fixing it.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if you might have attempted these, but did you try apps like MetroTube, MyTube, PrimeTube or any other app.

I use Metrotube and it works perfectly well (it had a few issues somedays back with logins)

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The ONLY app that should be affected by the google/ms spat is the official youtube app. If you are experiencing issues with all other apps and web wrappers then there is an issue. Try a soft reset first. Then if that fails, a hard reset. And if that fails. Exchange.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd tried several different apps -- pretty much going through all of them that I'd seen regularly mentioned on these forums. Based on the recommendation to try a soft-reset (which I did, last week for something else), I just installed MetroTube. It works. I'm pretty sure that was on the list of apps I tried, initially, so I was going to assume the soft-reset did it. The YouTube mobile site now works for me, too; it did not, this weekend (which is what reminded me to ask the question, today). There must have been something else going on.

Either way, I appreciate the advice and am happy to have things working. Thanks, much.

FWIW, this has been a problem for a couple weeks, at least. I tried everything I could think of, including many of the third-party apps. Dunno why it works, today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb