Should I still consider the 928?

liquidgore

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
928 is a hell of a phone. If you consider waiting for the 929, why not just wait for the next model or the model after that? There will always be a new and better model on the horizon. If you go that route then you'll never be satisfied.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
928 is a hell of a phone. If you consider waiting for the 929, why not just wait for the next model or the model after that? There will always be a new and better model on the horizon. If you go that route then you'll never be satisfied.

But, the 928 is the first claimed "high end" one on Verizon. The 929 might of ironed out all the bugs with the 928. To be honest, I would wait for the 929 or to see what HTC releases (A rumor of a HTC One with WP on it sounds very cool).

On that note, if you wait for the 929 to be released, the 928 would bottom out in the pricing, so if you have the 8X, live with it for a few more months till the 929 is out after a few reviews to see if that is what you want. If you still want a 928 at the point, you should be paying almost nothing for it as they will be really cheap after the new model is released.

928 no question is a really nice phone with a great camera WHEN it is working fine. The problem is when I need to be doing something that I feel is important at the time, is when it locks up on me..

As for the screen stoping working, look at my other thread about the issue....I am not the only one with this issue...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-screen-stops-working-now-more-than-ever.html

plyboult

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

That seems to be my problem of late. I love the 8x but I just think that if I stick to windows, that it should be a Nokia. Can't say for sure I have enough patience for a new HTC to come out months down the road.

The 8x came out back in November of last year and I didn't purchase it until this past summer. Its been perfect for me and I think I would potentially do the same with a 928 if it can dip under 200.

Ill check around for some more reviews as I am curious about these "bugs" I hear often of, and what the battery life is like (the 8x has fantastic battery).

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be my problem of late. I love the 8x but I just think that if I stick to windows, that it should be a Nokia. Can't say for sure I have enough patience for a new HTC to come out months down the road.

The 8x came out back in November of last year and I didn't purchase it until this past summer. Its been perfect for me and I think I would potentially do the same with a 928 if it can dip under 200.

Ill check around for some more reviews as I am curious about these "bugs" I hear often of, and what the battery life is like (the 8x has fantastic battery).

If you're buying on eBay, buy from someone who can confirm the phone has no bugs or defects. If you receive the device & find out they were wrong, you can likely file something with eBay & undo the trade.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you're buying on eBay, buy from someone who can confirm the phone has no bugs or defects. If you receive the device & find out they were wrong, you can likely file something with eBay & undo the trade.

Just make sure that the phone is not sold AS-IS, because in that case ebay might stand behind the seller if the des told all issues with the phone. CLEARLY READ THE AUCTION.

Also to note, EVERY 928 (unless it was dropped or some physical damage) is under warranty now. Even if you buy it off ebay(warranty if based off serial number). If you have an issue, just go to Nokia's site, submit a phone for repair, they will email you a UPS label to send it to them, wait 4-10 days and you'll get a replacement one. They dont send Referbed that I have gotten, they send brand new phones in a sealed box. I had to return a 822 (stopped working a day after I got it) and a 928 because the wireless charger didn't work on it.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same concerns as the OP. However I'm getting my VZW 928 given to me for my job. It will be in next week. I'm just hoping that I chose wisely going for it vs something else that will not be too much of a headache. Has GDR3 been released officially for VZW?

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my 928, but would wait for the 929 if I had to do it all over again. I feel like the 928 was a beta test for the 929, which is a true flagship. GDR3 fixed my screen freezes but broke my BT stability on this phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss