10-15-2013 06:56 AM
38 12
tools
    There are some problems on My Nokia!

My friend is in Chicago, I have sent my broken phone to him so that he can take it to the nokia store.

But he can't find the Nokia store in Chicago. Anyone know the address?
    10-10-2013 11:10 AM
    There are some problems on My Nokia!

My friend is in Chicago, I have sent my broken phone to him so that he can take it to the nokia store.

But he can't find the Nokia store in Chicago. Anyone know the address?
    10-10-2013 11:11 AM
    There is no more a Nokia Store in Chicago it is closed
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 11:11 AM
    It use to be on Michigan Ave., but they closed it about 3 years ago. I got my Nokia N8 at that store. I did hear about a new one opening in Chicago, but I haven't heard anymore about it for 6 months.

Where did you buy your 928 at?
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 11:32 AM
    find a phone repair shop or find somewhere online, I looked around and the cost I saw was $250 which is a complete rip off!
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 11:39 AM
    If you got your 928 through verizon just call them up and tell them the screen quit working. It should be under the 1 year warranty through nokia. They will send you another one, then you ship your broken one back to them. Its really easy and they pay for the return.
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 11:41 AM
    find a phone repair shop or find somewhere online, I looked around and the cost I saw was $250 which is a complete rip off!
    Considering that may have been the digitizer and lcd assembly, that is probably not a bad deal, if it includes the labor. I could see the assembly itself being that much.
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 12:00 PM
    If you got your 928 through verizon just call them up and tell them the screen quit working. It should be under the 1 year warranty through nokia. They will send you another one, then you ship your broken one back to them. Its really easy and they pay for the return.
    There is a highly technical legal term for this. Insurance Fraud. It is a crime.
    10-10-2013 02:25 PM
    There is a highly technical legal term for this. Insurance Fraud. It is a crime.
    Correct me if im wrong, but if the LCD just stopped working, that is considered manufacturing defect and warrants a replacement?
    DavidinCT and wzy0136 like this.
    10-10-2013 02:51 PM
    Correct me if im wrong, but if the LCD just stopped working, that is considered manufacturing defect and warrants a replacement?
    Yeah broken can mean two things - doesn't turn on/won't respond to touch (warranty eligible) or screen cracked (not warranty eligible). It wasn't stated which category this one falls under so I think it's a bit brash to assume it's a fraudulent attempt to get a replacement phone.
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-10-2013 06:26 PM
    If the screen shattered, then it WOULD be insurance fraud if that process actually worked. But it wouldn't. If you go through that process with a damaged phone, they will charge you the full retail price of the phone when they receive it and see it is damaged.

If the display broke in some other way, as in just stopped working without any appearance of physical damage, then it could be claimed under warranty.
    10-10-2013 07:12 PM
    It use to be on Michigan Ave., but they closed it about 3 years ago. I got my Nokia N8 at that store. I did hear about a new one opening in Chicago, but I haven't heard anymore about it for 6 months.

Where did you buy your 928 at?
    I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

I have found one in Michigan Ave in Google, but it seems the office building for Nokia Staff.

I don't know what can I do.
    10-10-2013 10:43 PM
    I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

My 928 is under the one year warranty. I don't think I should pay sth for my problem.
    Last edited by wzy0136; 10-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    10-10-2013 10:47 PM
    Not Really. I got my Lumia928 on Amazon without contract. Because I am not using it in US.

My 928 is under the one year warranty.

What should I do? TAT
    10-10-2013 11:31 PM
    Considering that may have been the digitizer and lcd assembly, that is probably not a bad deal, if it includes the labor. I could see the assembly itself being that much.
    My screen just stopped working and three vertical line appeared on the screen(Red One, Green One, Blue one)
    The screen just freeze and stop on the same image.
    10-10-2013 11:35 PM
    Why do you say it's crime?

My phone is under the one year warranty, but I just bought it in Amazon, not verizon.
    10-10-2013 11:36 PM
    My screen just stopped working not broken.
    10-10-2013 11:39 PM
    Yeah broken can mean two things - doesn't turn on/won't respond to touch (warranty eligible) or screen cracked (not warranty eligible). It wasn't stated which category this one falls under so I think it's a bit brash to assume it's a fraudulent attempt to get a replacement phone.
    My screen don't respond to touch, not cracked.
    10-10-2013 11:41 PM
    If the screen shattered, then it WOULD be insurance fraud if that process actually worked. But it wouldn't. If you go through that process with a damaged phone, they will charge you the full retail price of the phone when they receive it and see it is damaged.

If the display broke in some other way, as in just stopped working without any appearance of physical damage, then it could be claimed under warranty.
    My case is latter one.
    Penny_1 likes this.
    10-10-2013 11:42 PM
    There is no more a Nokia Store in Chicago it is closed
    I can't believe it. ****...
    10-10-2013 11:45 PM
    My case is latter one.
    Lol thanks, but you probably didn't have to respond separately to each one of us that basically made the same point. Anyway, because you are still under the warranty, I would actually go the route of calling Verizon's customer service to explain the situation. Just as long as they have no basis for claiming that you damaged the phone, they should replace it with a refurbished unit free of charge.
    wzy0136 likes this.
    10-11-2013 01:32 AM
    Wow America must be very different to England then! iPhone screen repair can be done for 60 ($95) and Lumia 920 70 ($110) including labour and screen and also includes tax that you don't pay in America! So that's why I thought $250 was VERY expensive!
    10-11-2013 08:01 AM
    True. When I see "broken" I don't think "failed". I see a cracked screen. Since OP didn't specify, and I made this assumption, yes, it could be covered if not "broken". My assumption comes from several years working for an insurance company, with extended warranties.
    10-11-2013 08:18 AM
    Wow America must be very different to England then! iPhone screen repair can be done for 60 ($95) and Lumia 920 70 ($110) including labour and screen and also includes tax that you don't pay in America! So that's why I thought $250 was VERY expensive!
    For iPhone screen replacements I charge $75, parts, tax and labor. I think that is because iPhone is so popular here, the market is saturated with them, therefore causing parts to be reasonable.

For Lumia's, the parts are a bit more expensive, well the last time I looked any up. For some reason, the screen and lcd assembly is expensive. Probably due to the better quality parts!
    10-11-2013 08:19 AM
    Why do you say it's crime?

My phone is under the one year warranty, but I just bought it in Amazon, not verizon.
    I did say it was a crime, but my statement was based on the use of the word "broken" which I assumed meant physically broken - cracked screen. Since my assumption was wrong, no, it is not a crime.

The reason that it is so expensive is that unlike other phones, the 928 has the digitizer and display fused together as one unit, and you have to replace the whole assembly, while other phones are made with the two separate, so you can replace only the digitizer. I replaced one for a family member and it cost me $25 (on a Sprint Arrive) for the digitizer (did the work myself). If the two layers were able to be replaced separately, it would be much cheaper.
    10-11-2013 08:24 AM
38 12