928 plus new update or wait for 929

rossdawg

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been around here for a few days. Have been researching for a few weeks and have strongly considered the 928 (I am locked into Verizon).
I read that 929 will lose the xenon flash. Would you get that or take your chances on the 928 with the new update?

I am looking for a great cam and coming from an old iPhone.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the exact same debate since I lost my 928 and need to replace it. My biggest concern is the size of the 929 and how it will feel in my hand and pocket. I still need to get into a store and find a similar sized phone to get an idea of what it will feel like. The 1080p screen sounds interesting, but honestly I don't know if I have/had enough apps to take use of all that extra screen real estate. I'm sure I eventually would, though. I'm also interested in hearing confirmation on the hardware/chipset and all that. I am concerned about future-proofing for 8.1 and want to have the first of the new hardware, rather than the last of the old hardware.

Nokia World is only a week and change away, I'd wait to see what they have to tell us about it.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just grabbed a used one off of EBay. Figure I can give it a whirl, and then to check out the 929 when it's released in November.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely wait for the 929 of we can expect it to be released in November. You might lose Xenon flash, but you'll gain a superior 20MP camera with improved OIS and lens. There are other (rumored) hardware spec advantages as well.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade has been due since August and I recently traded my BlackBerry Z10 for a Nokia Lumia 928. So far I like it. My original plans were to try out a Windows Phone and if I liked it, then I would upgrade to the 929. However, I am second guessing myself. I might wait until 8.1 devices come out to see what I am really getting into and I would like to see a 6" phone hit Verizon as well. But I won't make any decisions until I see the 929 at the launch event and in person. That would be my answer to you as well...wait until you see the 929.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait for the battery specs to get released on the 929 if it gets better battery life go with the 929

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the exact same debate since I lost my 928 and need to replace it. My biggest concern is the size of the 929 and how it will feel in my hand and pocket. I still need to get into a store and find a similar sized phone to get an idea of what it will feel like. The 1080p screen sounds interesting, but honestly I don't know if I have/had enough apps to take use of all that extra screen real estate. I'm sure I eventually would, though. I'm also interested in hearing confirmation on the hardware/chipset and all that. I am concerned about future-proofing for 8.1 and want to have the first of the new hardware, rather than the last of the old hardware.

Nokia World is only a week and change away, I'd wait to see what they have to tell us about it.

The apps will look exactly as they look on the 720p phones like the HTC 8X. They will scale up automatically to fill the screen, just as the apps written for WP7 at 480x800 do.

From the Windows Phone Developer Blog, under "Execution on a 1080p device":
For the most part, you won’t need to know that your app is running on a 1080p phone - the existing APIs on a 1080p phone are quirked to behave as they would on a 720p phone and your app will work the same as it does today without any changes.
http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...ing-windows-phone-preview-for-developers.aspx

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The apps will look exactly as they look on the 720p phones like the HTC 8X. They will scale up automatically to fill the screen, just as the apps written for WP7 at 480x800 do.

From the Windows Phone Developer Blog, under "Execution on a 1080p device":

Introducing Windows Phone Preview for Developers

No, I meant that I don't own/use enough apps to fill up my start screen like what you see in the fancy GDR3 preview screens with dozens of app icons. :grincry:
Nokia-Lumia-929-leak.jpg
In hindsight my post had two different thoughts combined into one sentence, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Looking back at it, I think I may have read you wrong, too. :wink: I'm not sure. Either way, no worries. I see what you mean now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster