Dropped my 928, volume and lock buttons not responding

jackmckenzie5

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Panic! I dropped my Lumia 928 (in the Poetic Atmosphere case) in the elevator, and it was working perfectly. Later in the day, when I took the case off so I could put the phone in my running band, the back shell pulled away from the display. I tried snapping it back together, and it seemed like it mostly fit, but the volume rocker and the lock button don't work anymore. Now, it looks like this. I can almost snap it all back together (I have it more "open" in the pic so you can se what I encountered) but it won't seem to go all the way. Any advice on how to fix this? I found a video with disassembly instructions, but the smallest Torx screw I have is T6 and won't fit the screw in the SIM slot, nor the one at the bottom of the headphone jack. And every electronics tool set I looked at seemed to have bits that wouldn't fit in the headphone port. Any experience or advice?

Lumia 3.jpg

Lumia 2.jpg

Lumia.jpg

Attachments

• Lumia 3.jpg
    Lumia 3.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 2

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I found a torx set at Home Depot that went down to a T4 (You have to go through all their sets to find it). I've also seen some small ones on Amazon.

jackmckenzie5

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, after some searching on Amazon I found the tools I think I'd need. I just don't really know what to look for once I get it open. And with the lock switch and volume rocker out of commission, I can't turn it on or off. So I'm worried about going in with the device still on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6