Panic! I dropped my Lumia 928 (in the Poetic Atmosphere case) in the elevator, and it was working perfectly. Later in the day, when I took the case off so I could put the phone in my running band, the back shell pulled away from the display. I tried snapping it back together, and it seemed like it mostly fit, but the volume rocker and the lock button don't work anymore. Now, it looks like this. I can almost snap it all back together (I have it more "open" in the pic so you can se what I encountered) but it won't seem to go all the way. Any advice on how to fix this? I found a video with disassembly instructions, but the smallest Torx screw I have is T6 and won't fit the screw in the SIM slot, nor the one at the bottom of the headphone jack. And every electronics tool set I looked at seemed to have bits that wouldn't fit in the headphone port. Any experience or advice?

lumia-3.jpg

lumia-2.jpg

lumia.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails lumia-3.jpg  
    10-14-2013 09:40 PM
    I found a torx set at Home Depot that went down to a T4 (You have to go through all their sets to find it). I've also seen some small ones on Amazon.
    jackmckenzie5 likes this.
    10-15-2013 12:50 AM
    Yeah, after some searching on Amazon I found the tools I think I'd need. I just don't really know what to look for once I get it open. And with the lock switch and volume rocker out of commission, I can't turn it on or off. So I'm worried about going in with the device still on.
    10-15-2013 01:12 AM