HI

I am not sure whether my battery is working fine or not. The average discharge rate as per my battery app is 4.75% an hour and it comes down only when it reaches 10% or so that too around 2.8%. When the phone is not used the battery level drops around 0.5-1% an hour with glance screen on which i believe is fine? I have two apps running in the background, battery and weather flow.

The moment I start using my phone with WIFI on the battery starts dropping fast 8% - 10% every 20 mins, I normally use whatsapp or store, sometime browse.

I have a black theme
    Outlook syncs once a day
    Only 2 apps running in the background and I am only on 2G
    Brightness setting in auto mode
    Normal touch sensitivity
    All sorts of battery tweaking setting applied
    I have Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, data turned off

My phone barely gets through a day, been having it for more than a month now. Is this normal?
    I am not able to find which is the culprit, Sometimes the battery drops 2-3% more within 15 mins after i stop using it.

Can any of you tell what your average discharge rate is? Is it normal to have a 8-10% drop in 20 mins of usage? If not what else to do, I have done everything I know (except for a hard reset may be :) I'm not on Verizon so cant restore after the reset) !

Thanks
    10-27-2013 02:21 AM
    Last night I left my 928 on, starting with 95% battery life. Screen was off but it was connected to WiFi and LTE and when I came back 10 hours later, it had 80% left. However, my wife's 928 seems to not fare as well. I'll try to mimic the test on her phone. If I am running a heavy game (e.g., modern combat 4), that will decimate the battery in like an hour.
    10-27-2013 02:18 PM
    That drain seems ridiculous especially if you're on 2g
    10-27-2013 02:35 PM
    hmmm yeah, that is what bugs me, 8-10% in 20 mins is so bugging. I read in certain places that whatsapp is a battery killer not sure if that is why the battery drops soo much!
    And one more item, I see that my battery drains fast if the Glance screen is on Night Modethe battery dropped nearly 20% without WiFi on 2G in 8 hours during the night, somehow when I disable the night mode(yeah absurd but that is what i saw) the battery drop seems fair.
    10-27-2013 11:54 PM
    Using Nokia's Battery Pro + app, my 928 shows an hourly consumption of ~5%. I watched a couple short podcasts on my drive in this morning, sent a couple texts and have my screen set to timeout at five minutes (so I can catch the Pandora songs as they switch). I have seen this value fluctuate down to under 4% on days where I have little happening.

I have noticed recently that certain apps, or many on the start screen that update Live Tiles do drain the battery rather quickly. I was checking multiple sports and weather apps simultaneously to see which I liked best, and they really drew the battery down quickly. I have since removed some of those apps and battery life has rebounded.

I figure if it gets through the day on one charge, I'm satisfied. I wasn't expecting more than that and fluctuations from day to day are bound to happen. If it becomes a big issue, another charger at work or in the car is cheap enough. I have dove into the wireless charging and love it. Always have a charger with me. Since I use wireless charging as my primary, I carry the USB charger that came with the phone with me daily.

Good luck.
    manomic likes this.
    10-28-2013 09:30 AM
    Thanks, it makes sense, I will check my start screen and see if I have any unnecessary apps that are running and would unpin. I would also see how my battery fairs if I don't use whatsapp.,
    10-28-2013 10:31 AM
    My 928 has glance screen always on with glance background on and WiFi and Bluetooth always connected and I still only drain about 20% in 12 hours of standby.
    10-29-2013 06:19 PM
    Thanks.. I too feel that my standby is decent but my problem is once I start chatting or browsing, I loose 8-10 % in 20 mins or so and that is annoying and creates doubts.
    10-29-2013 11:05 PM
    This sounds normal to me. Most have said their 928 can idle for ever but it drains when heavily used. Those who don't use their phones much can chug a long for 2.5 days. I used to struggle through a day buy now I get about 19hrs out of the battery.
    After a battery hogging task like streaming HD video or games it does seem to take my phone a short while to throttle back to idle.
    10-29-2013 11:12 PM
    Hmmm glad to hear that its normal only and hopefully it gets addressed in gdr3.. I read in the forum that users are getting much improved battery life after the update.. And one user said that his 920 used to loose 25 - 30% an hour when browsing but after update looses only 12-15%. hopefully that would be the case with the 928 too...
    10-30-2013 12:44 AM
    Statistics since : 7/8/2013
    Average discharging rate: 5.35% per hour

I usually have wifi, data, location on.
    I use peek on the glance screen.
    iHeart Radio is probably my most used app.
    I am on the edge of wifi signal at work and at home overnight (BR on second floor, router in basement).
    10-30-2013 11:54 AM
    Thanks Jason, mine has a avg discharge rate of 4.85 an hour.. with WiFi switched on when needed, Data, location off all the time, on 2G.. I mostly use whatsapp.. If i dont use the phone the discharge rate is 0.8% an hour with Glance completely on, weirdly though, with the night mode on the consumption in my phone is 1.2 - 2 % an hour - checked a few times
    I did a hard reset yesterday, I hope things become better....
    10-31-2013 11:52 PM
    Define "only on 2g". Didn't know you could keep the phone off the LTE/3G data connection.

I have the following running/on most of the day:

Full data
    Wifi On
    Bluetooth On
    GPS On
    NFC On
    Google, and 2 Outlook accounts downloading when email arrives
    9 apps allowed to run in the background and a number of live tiles

I listen to streaming music on my commute to and from work, I have a wireless charger in my car, but I don't use it unless the battery is low. Auto brightness, black background, normal touch sensitivity, etc. The phone very easily makes it through the day.

I'll check out Nokia's battery monitor to give you an average discharge rate, but I typically try to avoid those types of apps. Ironically, they allow the user to monitor battery at the expense of battery life... seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.
    11-01-2013 10:51 AM
    only on 2g in the sense the phone is always set to run on 2g, the max speed has been set to 2g data only so it will never go beyond that
    and wow that is too good for you, I hope I could say the same, my battery just waits to die and once I start using it, it plummets. even after a hard reset it doesn't seem to work well
    11-02-2013 03:23 AM
    Where are you setting it to 2G only at? Not a regular option that I can find, that could also be a problem (radio always on trying to download slowly versus quick bursts).

Over 191 charges since July (not all of them full drains and charges either I am averaging 4.3% drain per hour, fwiw. That's with Wifi on, LTE in use, background agents for weather, battery, flashlight (also battery), and NFC and BT on now and then (when I turn them on they usually stay on for a week or more. Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo and my MS account all updating. Skydrive, Metrotalk and jiTalk as well. Location services are on.

Have you tried turning everything back on? Don't laugh, sometimes turning something off can lower performance as the phone tries to work around it.

Sounds like something is off with the battery, can you get it repaired under warranty?

*phone has been off charger for 2 hours, still at 100%, Battery Sense says 0.7% drain per hour*
    11-02-2013 07:35 AM
    Been going for 19+ hours now, 41% left, 2.6% draw per hour. Also "Glance" peek is on, and so is double tap to wake.

Hope you get yours sorted out.
    11-03-2013 01:48 AM
    Thanks Glen, If I use it moderately I can muster a day+ out of it, its only when I start browsing / start chatting (on wifi 90% of the time) the battery starts plummeting around 8-10% in 20 mins.
    I don't use data mostly, when I use I switch to 3g. The option can be found in the Cellular Settings menu. Over there under the maximum connection speed is set to 2g to ensure only 2g mode is used.
    I'm on my 3rd phone from Nokia, the other two had issues and got them replaced, the life timer was at 0 when I got it so I presume this to be a new handset. I really don't want to go for another repair and end up with a refurbished unit.
    For now I have removed the applications that I did not use in my old handsets and checking if the battery improves.
    11-03-2013 10:45 PM
    Have since "uninstalled" Nokia Battery+. Many many days in a row that Live Tile quit updating, both during and after recharging. Back to using free/now paid version of Battery. Will see how it goes.
    11-06-2013 12:06 PM
    Thanks Glen, If I use it moderately I can muster a day+ out of it, its only when I start browsing / start chatting (on wifi 90% of the time) the battery starts plummeting around 8-10% in 20 mins.
    I don't use data mostly, when I use I switch to 3g. The option can be found in the Cellular Settings menu. Over there under the maximum connection speed is set to 2g to ensure only 2g mode is used.
    I'm on my 3rd phone from Nokia, the other two had issues and got them replaced, the life timer was at 0 when I got it so I presume this to be a new handset. I really don't want to go for another repair and end up with a refurbished unit.
    For now I have removed the applications that I did not use in my old handsets and checking if the battery improves.
    I haven't topped ~2% yet, leaving all of that stuff on.

I don't have a Data speed setting, no idea where you're looking.
    11-06-2013 04:07 PM
    I haven't topped ~2% yet, leaving all of that stuff on.

I don't have a Data speed setting, no idea where you're looking.
    I suspect it may only show up when using the phone on GSM networks...
    Joel S79 likes this.
    11-08-2013 03:54 AM
    May be possible I'm not on Verizon, I'm on go phone with AT&T

wp_ss_20131109_0001.png
    11-09-2013 01:14 AM