Is the Nokia Lumia 928 plagued by problems?

mikemacias

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you own a Nokia Lumia 928? Are you experiencing problems of ANY kind? Putting together an article (at Mobile Fanatics) about common problems that I keep seeing with this phone. I personally don't have it, but I know 3 people that do and aren't too happy.

A few that I'm seeing often:

• poor reception
  • poor bluetooth call quality
  • dropped calls
  • screen frozen and have to do three-finger trick
  • battery drain

But maybe it's not as widespread as I think it is.

Thanks for your interaction and to WPCentral for letting me ask your readers!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have one and four other people in my business have them. No problems really. Once in a while (every few weeks I get told) there might be a freeze that requires a soft reset. Otherwise, no complaints from any of the users about problems. I have seen a couple of times where the battery does drain fast. A soft reset fixes that too.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
had mine since June, I had had a couple lockups, only after GDR2 with Jet Pack Joy Ride, removed, reinstalled, no issues since. I have had 2 unexplained reboots in 6 months. No issues with call reception or quality. I don't use BT (lost my Plantronics, too cheap to buy another). Best hardware I have had.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my 928 two weeks ago. Ive had to do a soft reset once due to screen freeze. However everything else has been great!! Bluetooth is awesome and reception is better than my iphone 5. What I love the best about nokia products is the speakers. Phone is loud if you want it to be. I had issues with the iphone speakers not being that loud.

If you are ok with the WP8 OS then the 928 is a fine choice.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Had mine since just after it came out. Did the normal updates provided and have had none of the problems you mention. The only problem I have with it is that there is 18 months left on my DAMN contract with Verizon. Will buy the 929 outright.

freddyfromutah

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I really think you have to go with the theory of the vocal minority. I am not saying people aren't having problems, but they are going to voice them much louder, and much more often than the people who are having good luck with the phone. I am on my 2nd one (broke my 1st one!) and both have been solid. Looking just now, I am at 55% battery after 23 hours and only discharging at 1.71% an hour, I get really good reception, and the bluetooth works great in my car. My brother went an bought the 928 on my recommendation, I wouldn't hesitate to offer the phone to anyone.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My screen has become unresponsive a few times, but usually just locking and unlocking will fix. other then that no problem. I have a black 928 running GDR3

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the internal speaker die on 3 of them. Never dropped them, it just gets loose in the upper right corner and then the internal speaker becomes intermittent, then just dies.
It's somewhat common here.

Other lesser issues include inconsistent speakerphone volume, occasional issues where the phone locks itself with a garbled image on the lower half (locking and unlocking fixes this), and one instances where the screen stopped responding and I had to soft-reset.

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Overall it's a great phone, and I love it, but it does have it shortcomings, some that are software and could be fixed possibly in the next update, but other more on the hardware. My personal annoyances:

When you're on the start screen and manually scroll down by keeping your finger on the screen, there's slight jerking, not a smooth scroll. It's improved by lowering the sensitivity, but there's still some.
The Windows light up buttons not consistently lit.
At night when there is a dark/black screen, I can see smudges/streaks behind the screen.
Unfortunately, I also have the microphone failure.

Other than those setbacks, I'm satisfied. Love the camera, xenon flash, great display, loud speaker, good battery life and gets the job done like most windows phones.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I had multiple screen freezes, and poor reception. I missed an important call due to the screen freeze issues, and decided to sell the phone and go back to android. I miss the camera and UI, and will look into the WP platform on my next upgrade.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i notice sometimes when i stream music over bluetooth i sometimes get screen freezes. and seemingly inconsistent battery issues which is otherwise a great phone and unfortunate....i will be upgrading to the 929 when it comes available on verizon hopefully the bigger battery offers all day battery life with medium - heavy usage like i hear users with the htc one and galaxy s4/note3 get

edit: what is the screen freeze 3 finger trick?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Since gdr2 I have had random screen freezes but in the last week they seemed to have stopped. The battery life is o.k. I get between 10 - 12 hours with moderate to heavy use. I have had a few times where I have had battery drain but a soft reset fixes it. Overall, I have missed my old replaceable battery. Reception is great and overall this is still the best phone I have ever had.

Daniel Brott

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Black 928 with gdr2. Have had 2 screen freeze issues, fixed with soft reset. Occasional rapid battery drain but has been better recently. Have had phone for 2 months and love it. Also once lost sound from speakerphone for a few hours but came back on its own.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love Nokia phones, while I would say the 928 is not 'plagued by problems,' it does have one specific problem that seems to affect most people including me.

Specifically, intermittently (think once every 1-2 weeks) the screen will become unresponsive/freeze and the phone will require a soft reset. It is a bit annoying, though not a deal breaker. I know three people who all have this problem, their phone works fine aside from this. The Nokia 822 on Verizon does not suffer from this issue.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Have had mine shortly after phone came out. Have had maybe 2 screen freezes. Otherwise has been the best phone I have ever had. Switched from iPhone 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster