GDR3 Amber Update for Luma 928 Verizon?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Amber is already out for the 928, I take it you mean the Nokia Black update which is GDR3 plus some Nokia extras. This will be coming out 'early 2014' as far as I'm aware. You can actually get GDR3 already through the developer method, but this still doesn't allow you to use Nokia's upcoming apps like Nokia Beamer. You'll have to wait for Black to get these. Windows Phone 8.1 doesn't have a release date yet.

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe so. I recall updating Amber GDR2 months ago that included Glance, some camera stuff. In my phone settings, I have Lumia Amber highlighted in Bold Gold/Yellow. Assuming this means I have the update, the previous update? Thanks

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe so. I recall updating Amber GDR2 months ago that included Glance, some camera stuff. In my phone settings, I have Lumia Amber highlighted in Bold Gold/Yellow. Assuming this means I have the update, the previous update? Thanks

Correct, Amber required GDR2.

Verizon is notoriously slow with updates, so be patient.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Correct, Amber required GDR2.

Verizon is notoriously slow with updates, so be patient.

And yet with Amber/GDR2 they were one of the first to release it. I believe the hold up right now is Lumia Black. I don't believe they'll release it to existing phones until the newest phones that come with it pre-installed are released. GDR3 is being pushed out to non-Nokia phones so it is available but I don't think anyone has received Lumia Black yet.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
And yet with Amber/GDR2 they were one of the first to release it.

And yet the HTC 8x for AT&T and Sprint has been updated to GDR3, but the Verizon variant hasn't.

The 928 is their WP Halo device, so they'll show it more attention, but still, don't get your hopes up that it's getting released quickly when Black is officially announced as released.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Black is in carrier testing for existing handsets right now along with the 1520 and 929.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
And yet the HTC 8x for AT&T and Sprint has been updated to GDR3, but the Verizon variant hasn't.

The 928 is their WP Halo device, so they'll show it more attention, but still, don't get your hopes up that it's getting released quickly when Black is officially announced as released.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Black is in carrier testing for existing handsets right now along with the 1520 and 929.
8x isn't a Nokia -- Nokia has also traditionally released their upgrades at the same time.

More changes, more testing -- I'm not surprised. . .

Aaron Bateman

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been running GDR3 for a while now, and it cleared up most of the issues I had been having like screen going dead and wifi barely working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786