Lumia 928 hot spot causes my laptop to get bsod

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So I have been trying to get my laptop connected to the internet through my Lumia 928 and everytime it connects I get bsod. Doing some searching online I found that I need to be really fast after it connects and go to the wireless settings and enable FIPS. which is a check box. Now my problem is that when I connect to my house internet the option to enable fips is there but when I connect to my hot spot it isn't there. Anyone had this problem and figured it out? My laptop is on win 8.1. Please help.

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I know the solution for this since it was happening to me also.

1. Right click on the 928 wi-fi signal on your laptop, select properties.
2. Go into advanced settings
3. Check the box for Enable Federal....

Click ok to save your settings, may have to restart your computer.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I actually looked up this post and the one that I'd linked to, because I had this very problem. It was the first time I've used the phone as a hotspot since I'd installed Win8.1 on my laptop, and I kept getting BSOD. It took me a couple times to realize what it was, but as soon as I did that, problem solved. Had to do it the last time I reinstalled Windows on my laptop, as well, and since I have a new Lenovo that is due to ship today, I'll end up doing the same thing to it next week. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05